NL 511 is a free traveler information service operated by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Transportation and Infrastructure. The NL 511 app provides near real-time highway, ferry and traffic information to drivers to help them safely plan their route. This includes information on ferry delays, winter road conditions, construction activities, incidents, and road closures.
This app features a scrollable, zoomable map that displays:
• Traffic Conditions
• Winter Road Conditions
• Road Closures
• Marine Weather
• Ferry Status Information
• Wreckhouse Wind Warnings
• Environment Canada Weather
The app also features audio alerts that notify drivers of events that may affect travel.
Information is provided by Department of Transportation and Infrastructure field staff or contracted operators as follows:
• Winter road conditions are updated three times daily or whenever significant changes occur. The information provided reflects the latest reported conditions.
• Roadwork is updated as construction phases begin, when there is new information and when the work is completed.
• Major events along highways resulting in significant disruptions is updated as new developments occur or when the event ends.
• Ferry information is updated regularly throughout the day and when significant delays occur.