There are a few restrictions on people we can cover; you should check we can cover you before downloading 🙂
- Cuvva is only available for people with GB driving licenses. This is because the DVLA is the only authority to offer us access to the driving licence data we need at the moment.
- The app will currently work only in the mainland UK.
- Provisional drivers: 17
- Full licence drivers: 19 - though if you're under 21, you need to have held your licence for 12 months with no at-fault claims
- Only cars and vans at the moment.
- We can’t cover cars older than 15 years, but we are working on allowing this.
- We can cover almost any every-day car, but there are a few exceptions (e.g. Ferraris etc.) which are excluded.
- Vehicles in higher insurance groups have restrictions on how long you must have held your licence for us to be able to insure you. If you’re 21 and just passed, you’re probably not going to be able to get insured on a BMW M5. Just saying.
Cuvva is a totally new type of pay-as-you-go UK car insurance that gets you covered on a car for only as long as you need it.
With Cuvva you can get:
• Temporary insurance for one-off cover for 1 hour up to 28 days.
• Learner driver insurance for provisional drivers to practice in a friend or family’s car.
Download, create an account and enter the number plate of the car you want to insure. Then choose how many hours you want to be insured for, pay and go! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, once done you can get insured on-demand in less than 30 seconds.
Need to borrow your friend's car for half a day? Want to use the family car but can’t afford annual insurance? Want to practice on your parent's car before your test? Our flexible insurance allows you to pay as you drive, putting you in control.
If you have questions, you can message us anytime. We guarantee a swift response during office hours. You can speak to our dedicated claims team 24/7.
Please let us know about your experience with Cuvva and leave a review. You can also recommend us to a friend and both get £10 off your next policy.
Cuvva is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA reference number is 690273. You can check our details on register.fca.org.uk.