Recreational vehicle or RV is, in North America, the usual term for a motor vehicle or trailer equipped with living space and amenities found in a home.
A recreational vehicle normally includes a kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. In other countries the terms caravan, camper van or motorhome are more common, and the vehicles themselves vary, although typically being smaller than those in North America.
A recreational vehicle is any vehicle, whether towed or driven that has a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living area. Recreational vehicles include: motorhome (class A, B, and C), travel trailer, fifth wheel trailer, popup trailer, and slide-in camper.
There are a large and growing number of people who live full-time in their RV/motorhome; these are known as fulltimers. There is another subculture of the RV lifestyle known as workampers. These are people that work at the campgrounds/RV parks they stay at for site and perks.
While many RVers may be retirees, other individuals and families are choosing RV travel as a way to see parts of the world while maintaining their incomes via technology available from the RV (such as the Internet, phones, faxes, etc.).
Some choose to park in locations without camping sites for a variety of reasons, including saving money, more choice of location, isolation, privacy, adventure, more self-sufficiency and to be nearer a target location.
There is a growing community of Burners (as Burning Man participants are called) who have taken recreational vehicles and modified them so as to fit their beliefs. The conversion of old schoolbuses to this end is a popular choice. Some take old diesel vehicles and burn biodiesel or waste vegetable oil in them in order to make them more environmentally friendly than conventional RVs.
The RV Lifestyle is particularly popular among senior citizens. Like many other RVers, they have often sold their homes and often travel to warm climates in the winter. In Australia, these travellers are known as grey nomads.
RVs are intended for everything from brief leisure activities such as vacations and camping, to full-time living. RVs are usually found in RV Parks or campgrounds although they are sometimes parked in special trailer parks. (However, many trailer parks are reserved just for mobile homes, not to be confused with RVs and motorhomes.) RVs can also be rented in most major cities and tourist areas. They are occasionally used as mobile offices for business travelers and often include customizations such as extra desk space, an upgraded electrical system, a generator, and satellite Internet.
1) Book an appointment
2) Receive push notifications for specials
3) Tour the facility
4) Request a quote
5) Meet the team
6) Click to call
7) List of services provided
8) Before and after photo gallery
9) Convenient services located close Action RV
10) Customer reviews
- Includes RV Parks categorized by: Commercially Owned, Public Parks, Military Camp, 55+, KOA, Jellystone, Casino
- RV friendly stores like Camping World, Cabela's, Cracker Barrel, and Walmart
- Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
- Fuel Stops including Flying J's, Pilot, and TA Travel Centers
For North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Allow you to be well prepared for camping trips
- Make sure you do not omit important tasks
- Track your progress toward completing important tasks
- Comes with pre-populated checklists
- You can add your own checklists by entering them on the phone, or importing them from CSV (comma separated value) files
- Track your progress toward completing a checklist
- Notify you when a checklist is complete
- Clear a checklist when completed
- Backup your checklist
- Restore your checklist from a backup
- Export a checklist so it can be shared with others
- Import a checklist that others share with you
All of this with a very simple and intuitive interface.
1. Free Campground offed by National, State, County or Regional Park, Forest Service land, BLM (Bureau of Land Management) areas, WMA's (Wildlife Management Areas and many other free public campsites. These campgrounds are usually boondocking locations and in many cases, they are the most beautiful and peaceful sites. These places are RVer's favorite.
2. Truck Stops. Truck stops such as FLYING J, Pilot, TA, Loves, AMBest, Petro et. al. are RVer's best friend. They usually offer every possible service a RVer could desire, free or for a very reasonable price: dump station, gasoline, ATM, grocery, vehicle maintenance and repair, RV wash, TV lounge and game room etc. It is nice to find such a place when you are tired, hungry and need some sleep.
3. Casino. Many Casino offer free overnight parking.
4. Chain Stores including Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco, Lowes, Home Depot etc. There are some Walmart that ban overnight parking while most of them allows. We have carefully removed those not allow overnight parking.
5. Other such as local restaurants, nonprofit organization campground, empty land etc.
This app has gathered all of these locations. User can easily browse what is available nearby on the map or search by location.
If you have some question or have some new location that you would like to share, feel free to contact us directly in the app or email us.
Find RV parks, dealerships, service, repair, parts, gas stations, truck stops, rental, and much more.
No wandering through multiple screens; this QuickClick series app is built for SPEED and EASE OF USE.
Options for searching by names or locations are all on a SINGLE SCREEN.
Establishment chains and types are pre-loaded to assist you when using the optional name search.
Quick and easy to search near cities, towns, streets, and landmarks.
Exploits mapping apps to their FULL CAPABILITIES:
- Map Locations or List
- Satellite View
- Directions and Navigation
- Traffic Conditions
- Street Views
- Check In
- Zoom In/Out
- Add to Contacts
- Share with Friends
● Search for new, used and certified cars near you.
● Contact a seller by phone or email directly from a vehicle listing.
● Map local dealerships, and view their services and amenities.
● Use Keyword Search to find vehicles and specific dealer services and amenities near you.
● Scan the VIN barcode of a car you like to search for similar cars near you, or save it for later. (Autofocus feature required.)
● Create a free “My AutoTrader” account to save your favorite cars and searches.
● Access your saved cars and searches from any other mobile device or computer.
● Revisit recent searches and vehicles you've viewed right from the Find Cars section.
● Share cars with friends and family on Facebook
Please share your comments with us via the "Feedback" button, which you’ll find in the Settings section. Please note this app is not optimized for Android tablet devices.
*Multiple ways to contact us, including the Wagon Cam. You are not alone on the road!
*Messages - We can send you push notifications from our headquarters alerting you of potential routing, weather, or other problematic road conditions.
*Tour Notes - Keep a log of notes on whatever you choose
*Tour Jams - Record your next hit while on the road using our app so you won't forget!
The BandWagon™ App will keep you connected, and the best part is, it's free!
To calibrate a profile, park the vehicle somewhere flat. Fix the mobile device where you want to use it in your vehicle, click "Manage profiles > Calibrate this profile now! > Save profile" and you are done.
If you have any question or have a new location in mind that you would like to share, you can simply submit it in app or email us.
Try it: In depth demo at allstays.com/apps/camprv.htm
Seen this summer in NY Times, Boston Globe, Tampa Bay Times and more.
➤Starbucks featured app June 2012
"Must have app..." ➤411droid
"The essential camping app...a must have app." ➤appadvice.com
"This app is an essential one." ➤Appolicious
"...app is a must." ➤Womans Day
"For those with more discerning tastes in campsites & RV spots." ➤NY Times
➤Data as seen in "Harvard Business Review"
➤Data rated "Excellent" by Wired Magazine in 2012
Why is it the #1 camping app since 2010?
Unique features include:
➤Ad-free tablet ready app.
➤Map view plots points on the fly as you scroll anywhere.
➤Filter the map by type and by dozens of amenities. Hundreds of possibilities.
➤Data is stored locally for speed and always accessible.
➤Lookup data by type, state and city even without service.
➤Photo and Review searches that use the power of the entire web and not one source.
➤Extras all in one app: Truck and rest stops, supplies, service, low bridges, road grades.
➤Section for road conditions, emergencies and laws for helmets, guns, cellphones and much more.
✔Over 26,000 campgrounds: (US & Canada)
✔National & State Forests
✔Army Corps of Engineers
✔KOA, Good Sam, Escapees, Passport America, 1000 Trails, ROD, RPI, AOR, Coast to Coast, Elk
✔Even primitive hike-in/boat-in/rough spots that other apps exclude.
✔Official website, phone number, directions, open season, rate range, sites, hookups, amps, big rigs access, tents or no tents, clubs, water, showers, toilets, tables, pool, playground, laundry, propane, pet-friendly, RV dump station, age restrictions, storage, firewood, boat launch, seasonal sites and internet access.
+ Wal marts (with overnight parking reports), and cost clubs
+ Overnight Parking like casinos, Elks Lodges and other places.
+ Truck Stops with amenities. Chains have fuel price links.
+ Stores (Camping World, REI, Cabelas, Gander, Dicks, Bass Pro Shops)
+ RV dealers and services
+ RV Rental locations (Cruise America, Road Bear, El Monte)
+ Rest Areas, Welcome centers, turn outs, and service plazas by heading.
+ Low clearance bridges
+ Steep Grades and Runaway truck ramps (western US)
Just about everything in the app can be added or removed with your map view. See only tent places with showers; RV parks with a club discount and 50 amp; cost club stores with gas; truck stops with a Subway. You pick!
➤NO WIFI? NO SERVICE?
Parts of this app will always work and provide useful information. The data is stored on your phone while the app uses GPS, so constantly calling upon a website for information is not necessary. This is great for improving speed when you’re in remote places.
➤THIS APP SAVES $$
$$ Find that you can overnight in a nearby parking lot.
$$ Find a nice forest site just 2 miles beyond the $40 park your book lists.
$$ Lighten your load and don't buy as many books year after year.
** Internet required for maps. This app is a full time project built for campers by campers providing non-biased camping data for 13 years.
Questions or requests? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a fast and personal reply.
Find campgrounds / campsites in 4 easy ways
- Closest to your location
- Search by city
- Search by keyword
- Browse by Province
Get campground / campsite amenities information such as
- phone numbers
- number of sites
- more ...
Easily get driving directions to each campgrounds / campsites
View on a map.
Easily get information about closest services to each campgrounds / campsites such as
- Liquor Stores
Camping is an outdoor recreational activity.
Camping may involve the use of a tent, caravan, motorhome, cabin, a primitive structure, or no shelter at all.
Camping as a recreational activity became popular in the early 20th century. Campers frequent national or provincial or state parks, other publicly owned natural areas, and privately owned campgrounds. Camping is a key part of many youth organizations around the world, such as scouting. It is used to teach self-reliance and teamwork.
More from developer
• GPS-based search
• Enhanced search parameters such as category, type, condition, price range and model year
• Individual vehicle listings with pictures and multiple seller contact options
• YouTube videos for select listings
A pack of reckless motorists have invaded your neighborhood. Protect your neighbors as they cross the street by egging the cars before anyone gets hurt.
We had a lot of fun making this app at the Dominion Enterprises University Hackathon 2. If you want to help make the app better check out our source code at https://github.com/stanzheng/HackU2.