This popular app which is used by over 130,000 physicians worldwide has just launched a premium version, which is updated with latest evidence from series such as the Journal of the American Medical Assocation's Rational Clinical Examination Series.
**** 'The top 10 quick reference medical apps for iPhone released in 2013' - iMedicalApps *****
Diagnose is a novel medical app which aids clinicians in the diagnosis of common internal medicine conditions. The app allows users to incorporate validated findings from the history, physical examination and investigations to calculate an evidence-based likelihood of disease. This app is intended for use by internal medicine physicians and trainees, with the goal of improving patient care and medical education at the bedside.
Diagnose provides you with an evidence-based pre-test probability, validated likelihood ratios and a calculated post-test probability based on your findings for over 45 of the most commonly seen conditions in internal medicine. The data is validated from sources (JAMA Rational Clinical Exam Series, etc).
When examining a patient with a presumptive diagnosis, such as stroke, physicians can now see in real-time how specific findings on the history, physical exam and laboratory evaluation of patients alters the likelihood of disease.
"Diagnose is a fantastic app that encourages the application of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice."
- Daniel Schwartz, MD
The following evidence-based summaries are included in this app:
Acute Otitis Media, Child
Cancer, Family History
Cardiac Arrhythmia, Any
Cardiac Arrhythmia, Significant
Central Venous Pressure
Compliance and Medication Adherence
Death after Cardiac Arrest
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Headache, Need for Neuroimaging
Influenza, >60 years old
Influenza, any age
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Knee Injury, ACL
Knee Injury, Meninscal Tear
Peripheral Arterial Disease
Pneuomnia, Adult, Community-Acquired
Pneumonia, Infant and Child
Renal Artery Stenosis
Thoracic Aortic Dissection
Upper GI Bleed, Locating
Upper GI Bleed, Severity
Urinary Incontinence, Women
Urinary Tract Infection, Women
MDLIVE is your source for convenient healthcare, we have doctors online ready to help you with many of your medical needs. Below you will see a list of some of what our online doctors can treat.
Telehealth services take the wait out of visiting a doctor, our average wait time to speak to one of our online doctors is 20 minutes. We all have busy lives, most don’t have the time to visit a doctor for flu symptoms. With MDLIVE and our Telehealth services you can breathe easy and know that you have doctors on call for such occasions.
We’ve all been sick at inconvenient times. Whether you’re at the office, during an important meeting, with a sick child, in the middle of the night, or while traveling, for business or pleasure, getting the medical care you need doesn’t always fit your schedule. That is where Telehealth services come in.
With MDLIVE Telehealth services you can get the healthcare you need anytime, anywhere. Our nationwide network U.S. board certified doctors or pediatrician are ready to assist you with a medical diagnosis via your Google Android and our symptom checker at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even holidays. Ask a doctor online or see a virtual doctor via video chat.
We also have a symptom checker, allowing you to input your symptoms and get information regarding your health and medical needs. Once you have found what you need with our symptom checker app feel free to make an appointment to speak to one of our board certified doctors by phone or video chat.
Straight from the MDLIVE app, our online doctors can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medication, and send the prescription you need directly to your pharmacy of choice. Healthcare has never been easier; call and ask a doctor today!
★ Healthcare is now in your hands. Call and ask a doctor today. ★
When to use MDLIVE?
Instead of going to the ER or an urgent care center for a non-emergency issue
During or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and even holidays
If your primary care physician is not available
If you don’t feel up to driving to a doctor’s office
If traveling and in need of medical care
To request prescription refills when appropriate. (see: Prescription Policy*)
What we symptoms commonly treat:
Cold & Flu
... and more!
Who are our virtual doctors?
MDLIVE has the nation’s largest network of online doctors for telehealth services. On average, our doctors have 15 years of experience practicing medicine and are licensed in the state where patients are located.
Their healthcare specialties include primary care, pediatrics, emergency medicine and family medicine. Our physicians are committed to providing convenient, quality healthcare and are always ready to take your call.
Our online doctors are available in almost every state in the US. When you make an appointment to speak to one of our doctors online, it will be a doctor near you, in your state of residence.
Can I use it for my children?
Yes. MDLIVE has pediatricians on call 24/7/365. Please note, a parent or guardian must be present during any interactions involving minors with our online doctors. Also see our symptom checker to find more information in regards to any current medical condition you may have.
**Please note: MDLIVE has temporarily ceased services in Idaho because of differing interpretations of state regulations regarding telemedicine and prescribing.
If you have suggestions, features you'd like to see, or complaints, please email us!
EP Mobile -- The Swiss Army Knife of Electrophysiology!
- NEW: Right ventricular hypertrophy criteria
- NEW: Drug reference with creatinine clearance toolbar
- NEW: Creatinine clearance calculator
- Pacing tricks: Para-Hisian pacing and RV apex vs base pacing
- Drug dose calculators: dabigatran, dofetilide, rivaroxaban,
sotalol, apixaban and edoxaban
- Warfarin clinic weekly dose calculator
- Interval to rate conversion
- QTc calculator (Bazett, Fridericia, Sagie and Hodges formulas)
- Atrial fibrillation risk scores (CHADS2, CHA2DS2-VASc)
- Bleeding risk scores (HAS-BLED, HEMORR2HAGES)
- ICD in-hospital complication risk score
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy risk score calculator
- Syncope risk scores (SF Rule, Martin, OESIL, EGSYS)
- CMS (Medicare) ICD guidelines calculator
- VT localization algorithms
- Epicardial vs endocardial VT
- Outflow tract VT
- Mitral annular VT
- WPW accessory pathway location (Arruda, Modified Arruda, D'Avila, and Milstein)
- Atrial tachycardia localization algorithm
- Entrainment mapping
- Date calculator
- Body weight calculator (ideal and adjusted body weight)
- Long QT diagnosis, subtypes and ECG patterns
- Long QT drugs
- Short QT syndrome diagnosis
- Brugada syndrome diagnosis
- Brugada drugs
- LVH ECG criteria, including Romhilt-Estes score and others
- ARVC/D 1994 and 2010 diagnostic criteria
- Normal EP values
- Wide complex tachycardia algorithms
- Copy risk score results to the clipboard for pasting in reports
Categories: Medicine, Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Arrhythmia.
EP Mobile is free, open source, and available under the
GNU GPL v3 license. Source code is at https://www.github.com/mannd/epmobile.
Brand-specific MHL apps help to enhance the understanding of health and medical information, and include education and customer services that support the appropriate and safe use of specific prescription and OTC medications, medical devices, or medical diagnostic products. These brand-specific MHL apps can include video instructions, simplified access to important safety information, podcasts, PDF documents, mobile cards for patient savings and discounts, built-in dosing reminders, direct connects to customer service centers and websites, and direct-to-app real-time updates and alerts. Brand-specific MHL apps can also help patients better understand and manage their health conditions and better prepare for (and recover from) specific medical procedures.
Brand-specific MHL apps for Patients can be prescribed by health professionals (by email or SMS), or accessed directly by tapping “Search MHL Apps” to locate education, service, and support apps for specific branded prescription and OTC medications, medical devices, and medical diagnostic products. Brand-specific MHL apps for Healthcare Professionals may be shared between medical peers and colleagues.
MHL Key facts:
• MHL apps can include valuable discounts and savings.
• MHL apps can help you understand your health conditions and related treatments.
• MHL apps can be received via email or SMS from a health professional, friend, family member, or loved one.
• MHL apps may also be accessed via “Search MHL Apps”, or by scanning an MHL app “tag” with the MHL tag scanner.
• MHL apps may receive direct-to-app updates, with alerts that direct you (via yellow highlights) to specific app updates and messages.
• MHL apps are confidential, meaning that your identity remains unknown to medication, medical device, and medical diagnostic manufacturers. If you choose to enroll in any manufacturer offers within brand-specific MHL apps, you will be bound by the confidentiality and privacy conditions of these offers.
• MHL app “tags” may be found on posters, collateral printed materials, advertisements, websites, or product-related packaging.
• MHL apps can be shared with friends, family, and loved ones via email and SMS.
Use MHL on your Android device or visit www.mobilehealthlibrary.com Mobile Health Library, LLC
psVerify™ is a leading brand protection and anti-counterfeiting technology currently deployed on over 1.2 billion medicine packages. It is used by some of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the geographies where this solution is deployed.
All you have to do it look for the text “To authenticate SMS <> to <>” text on your pack of medicine. Then open the psVerify™ mobile app and select Verify Medicine box and text in the code from the pack and press submit. Within a matter of seconds you will receive quality information about your medicine. psVerify™ mobile app will use your 3G or Wifi (when available) connection to authenticate your medicine.
Supported by the nonprofit OpenEM Foundation, WikEM provides a way for medical practitioners to organize online content and cross-reference clinical information at http://www.wikem.org. If you are a medical practitioner, join our contributor community and help edit our content. WikEM is intended for clinicians only and not directly for patients.
WikEM serves a wide range of medical practitioners predominantly among the specialties of emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine, critical care, emergency medical services (EMS), and urgent care medicine, as well as primary healthcare fields such as family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Numerous sources have named WikEM as a key reference for emergency practitioners, ranging from EMTs, paramedics, and other first responders to nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and emergency physicians.
DynaMed™ is unique among clinical information resources; our community of clinicians synthesize the evidence and provide objective analysis in an easily-digestible format. We follow a strict evidence-based editorial process focused on providing unbiased information to help guide physicians in their decision-making process.
This is a fully functional trial!
* More than 56,000 entries
* Written pronunciations for every term
* Prefixes and combining forms set out separately, with their meaning meticolously explained
* FlashCards feature for easy learning of medical terms
* Daily word feature
* Links to connected terms and synonims
* Word genealogy explained in composite terms
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
The Eye Handbook is a smartphone diagnostic and treatment reference tool for anyone involved in Eye care. Below is a list of some of the common features.
-ICD9 to ICD10 converter
-Audio, Video downloads
-Ophthalmology and Optometry Journals
-Medication and Pharmacopeia
-Patient Education tools
If you have content that you would like to contribute; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We are constantly striving to improve this application and welcome your feedback.
The Eye Handbook Team
Derived from the best-selling internal medicine reference in the world, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, this popular reference delivers fast, to-the-point guidance on the clinical problems seen in everyday practice.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine focuses on diagnosis and therapy with an emphasis on patient care. It offers high-yield coverage of etiology, signs and symptoms, physical examination, laboratory findings, and practice guidelines. The updated 18th Edition has been closely reviewed and contains substantial updates and revisions to existing chapters along with the addition of appropriate new chapters.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web features:
•New 18th edition with 200+ new and revised chapters
•Full-color graphics, tables, and charts
•Detailed diagnostic guidelines
•Up-to-date treatment recommendations
•Improved index for easier navigation on your device
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly across all indexes
•‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
•Optimized iPhone 5 and iPad interfaces
Editors: Dan L. Longo, MD; Anthony S. Fauci, MD; Dennis L. Kasper, MD; Stephen L. Hauser, MD; J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD; Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
How It Works:
Current Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web subscribers:
•Install the application to your device.
•Open the application and enter your Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web username and password, then tap “Login.”
•The latest Harrison’s Manual of Medicine content will be downloaded to your devices over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and interested in learning more about Harrison’s Manual of Medicine, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.
educational pearls to your mobile device. Since 2007, the Department of
Emergency Medicine at the University of Maryland has developed pearls of
wisdom in the field of emergency medicine and made them available to the
broader medical community.
The app will notify you of new pearls every day and will give you the opportunity
to pull down content for offline viewing. Pearl categories include cardiology,
orthopedics, pediatrics, toxicology, airway management, trauma, neurology,
critical care, vascular disorders and procedures, ENT, obstetrics & gynecology,
infectious diseases, urology, med-legal issues, gastrointestinal conditions,
critical care, hematology/oncology, medical education, geriatrics, endocrinology,
pulmonary disease, ophthalmology, dermatology, visual diagnosis, pharmacology
& therapeutics, finances & investing, and international EM.
Grab this app and stay on the cutting edge of medical education topics!
Designed exclusively for Amcom’s user conference, the mConnect13 app is your tool for communicating with fellow attendees and Amcom staff while in San Diego.
All attendees will be in the app directory, and able to initiate and receive messages.
We will also have some games and contests around using the app, so download for a chance to win one of several cool prizes.