Slow slow slow...and that's when it works. Worst travel app on my phone. Either the app itself or Avis' servers are woefully underpowered. Connection and response times are horribly slow to the point that the app is useless. I've tried it on multiple Android platforms & carriers/wi-fi with no improvement in performance.
Access to camera? Why does the app need access to the camera? Very slow...almost cumbersome to use...when it does work.
Can't access avis now. Just the regular app
Works just as expected
Avis App Great new options
Slow and buggy At first, it looks like a fairly well designed app. But as soon as you start trying to make a reservation, you wind up spending ages waiting for it to load and reload, and you encounter countless bugs - the worst being that it appears to have made the same reservation three times...
- Introducing Avis Now – control your rental through Avis app. Features included for Preferred customers:
- View available cars in real time, and exchange or upgrade your car before arriving at the rental location
- Lock and unlock the doors or flash the headlights to find the vehicle
- Quickly return your car
- Receive real-time, important notifications about your trip
- Enhanced account management
- Enhancement and performance improvements to location, date, and time fields in new reservation.
Worldwide Audio Travel Guide with Online / Offline Maps, by Avis Car Rental