Basecamp - Project Management

12.5K reviews
Content rating
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image

About this app

The refreshingly simple, and remarkably effective, project management platform.

Managing people and projects under pressure is tough enough. Unfortunately, lots of software makes it worse by over-complicating things. Basecamp’s different.

What makes Basecamp special?

It’s dialed in. For nearly two decades, we’ve continually refined a unique set of tools and methods to fundamentally reduce complexity, and make project management more of a joy and less of a chore. Perfected and pressure-tested by hundreds of thousands of teams on millions of projects, Basecamp’s the gold standard for a simpler, superior version of project management.

Basecamp works because it’s the easiest place for everyone in every role to put the stuff, work on the stuff, discuss the stuff, decide on the stuff, and deliver the stuff that makes up every project. Not on separate platforms scattered in various places, but all intuitively organized in one centralized place where everyone can work together.

Basecamp’s intentionally simple by design. It’s why teams that sometimes leave in search of “more power” end up slamming into the consequences of over-powered software: Complexity. Complexity doesn’t work. Basecamp does. It’s why those that leave end up coming back and sticking with us the second time around. You never know what you had until it’s gone.
Updated on
May 10, 2023

Data safety

Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
App info and performance
This app may collect these data types
Personal info, Messages and 6 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted

Ratings and reviews

12K reviews
Claire Seesman
April 30, 2023
There are several features that don't work from a phone: When editing a comment post, in the messages section of a group, the attachment (paper clip) icon and other formatting options are not available. So, if you forget to add a pic, then you have to re-post or get on a computer. Saving drafts of posts is also a problem. Ping functions are no where to be found in the phone app for Android. There are a few other difficulties but I can't remember them at the moment.
3 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Brigid Dorman
February 22, 2023
Plenty of glitches where the app is inaccessible for days at a time. Not a very logical way to organize bookmarks, and the search function is not efficient, nor does it seem to follow the established protocol for search terms. Overall disorganized, inefficient and hard to navigate. I have to use it since it's the only hub for a curriculum my family uses. Unfortunate.
8 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
A Google user
December 20, 2019
The company I work for uses Basecamp countless times on a daily basis. On desktop computers. The another story. I have never had full functionality of the app on my phone. 95% of the time no campfire conversations, pings, to-do's etc etc ever loaded, regardless of how long I waited. The other 5% of the time it functioned after restarting the app multiple times. Since the most recent couple of updates, it now doesn't load 100% of the time.
24 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
January 16, 2020
We've updated the Basecamp 3 app (version 3.18.6). Can you please re-download if you have uninstalled, or update your existing app to see if we've fixed your problems. Once again, I'm sorry about this. Please let us know:

What's new

🫵 New: Join all-access projects directly from the Projects directory screen
👀 New: See a preview of the thread when writing comments or check-ins
✨ Many feature and speed improvements
🐛 Squashed some bugs