Safeguard your privacy, lock contacts, messengers & other apps with AppLock
Packed with powerful functionality and slick UI, AppLock is the top locking app that enables you to protect your data and lock apps from intruders in a matter of few clicks.
How does AppLock work?
Having configured the basic AppLock settings upon the first sign-in, you only need to open AppLock and tap the app - to switch on the app lock protection.
• Powerful Message Locker
Lock Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, Snapchat, WeChat, Hangouts, Skype, Slack and other messenger apps with AppLock to ensure your conversations with family, friends, and colleagues stay protected.
• Advanced AppLock for System Apps
Lock contacts, calendar and other system applications in a flash - using AppLock.
• Broad Range of App Lock Options
AppLock enables you to select the best lock option for your apps, i.e. lock apps with fingerprint, password or pattern you set up.
• Random Keyboard
Switch on a “Random Keyboard” feature in AppLock to hide your password from prying eyes.
• Intruder Selfie
Turn on the “Intruder Selfie” mode in AppLock and track who’s made unauthorized attempts to snoop into your phone.
• Optimized Battery Power Usage
AppLock is optimized for the minimum battery power consumption, by default.
• Real-time App Lock Protection
AppLock will notify you of the new app/s on a device, available for locking.
• Customizable Themes
Personalize your experience with AppLock by selecting a Light (Default), or a Dark theme.
AppLock requires the following app permissions:
• App Usage - used to retrieve the list of installed apps, available for locking, and manage their lock status.
• Overlay (Run over other apps) - enables the lock screen display. Note! The “Overlay” permission is mandatory for Android 10 smartphones and tablets - otherwise, AppLock won’t work on the device.
• Camera - used to make an intruder selfie.
Getting Started with AppLock:
AppLock enables you to configure a broad range of settings right away - the first time you’re using the app. Let’s see how it works.
• Open AppLock.
• Grant the required “App Usage” and “Overlay” app permissions.
• Sign in the app using your Google account. Note! Sign-in is required to enable recovering access to locked apps in case you forget your AppLock lock password or pattern.
• Select & configure the app lock option you’d like to apply. Tip! If you’re using the Password (PIN) lock, it’s also possible to switch on the “Random Keyboard” feature right away.
Configure a number of extra stability and security features:
• Enable advanced app lock protection - set AppLock as a device administrator to prevent the app from authorized uninstall attempts.
• Disable battery optimization - switch on this feature to prevent AppLock from sleeping and ensure stable app lock protection.
• Set Fingerprint App Unlock - enable unlocking apps instantly, with a fingerprint.
• Switch on “Intruder Selfie”- turn on the feature to enable the app to take photos using the front camera on your device, in case the incorrect AppLock Password (PIN) or Pattern is entered.