There are far more powerful readers available on the market. But who seriously needs all the provided features of current popular RSS-Readers? And why do they all need so many different permissions?
When I read news I don't want to have 400 different functions blocking my screen and hiding the most important thing: News.
SimpleNews gives you access to your favorite news feeds. As the only additional feature it allows you to add/modify categories and feeds to fulfill your interests.
Simple News is simple. modern. intuitive. smart.
Be Smart & Organized with Smart Feed Reader!
• Full support of RSS, RDF and ATOM feeds, import Google Reader feeds;
• Offline reading of news;
• Full-context search;
• Widgets support;
• Easy to manage feeds, personalized icons;
• Customization of the feed update interval (global for all feeds and particular – for the selected feed);
• Filtering stories by Author, Title, Content, Category for the best customization;
• Automatic organizing feeds by categories;
• Improved content sorting by Newer, Older, Unread, Read or Hide properties;
• Highlighting of newly-added and updated news;
• Automatic sorting news by Date: Today, Yesterday, Older;
• Media Collection: easy to view pictures and play attached media;
• Full-screen display of News (optional);
• Easy sliding between news with a simple gesture;
• Displaying news with a preview in the NewsList screen;
• Star rating for the news;
• Sharing content via E-Mail;
• Support of landscape screen orientation.
Smart News Filtering:
Personalize your content with Smart News Filtering – powerful and innovative feature that helps you to filter and manage your news automatically by Author, Title, Content, Category, etc. Each filter is made up of search condition to match specific parameter and action to perform. With Smart News Filtering you can automate copying news into custom folders, marking news, rating or just deleting it. You can have as many smart filters as you need!
• Android 2.1 or later.
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* The Old Reader
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
Using a content reader helps you keep up with your top information sources - content comes straight to you, saving you the time to go and check every site on your own.
With Inoreader you can also monitor news about specific keywords, save pages from the web for viewing later or subscribe to social feeds. And when you need to look up some past piece of content you liked, you can rely on the powerful free search and full archive of your subscriptions.
Inoreader also keeps track of which items you've read, so you only see the unread items when you come back, even when you login on different devices.
Search & preview feeds; read offline with images, mobile view, customizable interface.
News reader for RSS/Atom feeds equipped with Feed Search and other great features. Simply search for keywords or site name (e.g. 'sports news' or 'cnn'), tap the result to preview, add and enjoy!
* Feedly Cloud sync ***NEW***
* Read by feed/category/All ***NEW***
* Tablet layout ***NEW***
* Feed Search with Preview will allow you to build your feed library quickly and easily
* Full-screen view with swipe and zoom that can be used as default reading mode
* Supports saving articles to Pocket
* Expandable list allows to read articles without leaving the list as well as read only articles that interest you
* Offline reading with images (configured per feed) ensures that you can read even when not connected
* One-click access to "mobilized" version of article for faster/easier web browsing
* Ability to view article comments and subscribe to comments feeds
* Widgets and shortcuts on home screen
* Resizable widget or pick from one of 3 sizes
* Each widget can be configured to rotate through selected feeds at set interval or manually
* Choose between dark or light theme
* Customizable storage, update frequency, notifications, etc.
* Backup/restore to SD
Note: To use widgets please install the app to internal memory, not SD.
*** If you have a force-close or another bug unique to your device or configuration, PLEASE EMAIL THE DEVELOPER instead of posting in comments. If we cannot reproduce the problem we cannot fix it without your help! Thank you! ***
Featuring a modern material design, this application will help you reading news and articles from your favorite topics.
Did you take a look at the screenshots? You will understand how much love we put in Palabre in order to provide a clean, beautiful and easy to use news application.
- RSS support
- Feedly support with full synchronisation of articles
- Material design with delightful animations
- Beautiful Magazine, Large Cards or List user interface
- Offline support (Option to cache only when charging)
- Scrollable Widget, 4x2 and 1x1 beautiful widgets
- Readability support
- Notifications for new articles, decide which categories or sites will trigger a notification
- Option to load pictures on Wifi only, you can tap the placeholder to laod the picture on demand if needed
- Built-in browser or use your own browser to read articles
- Multiple reading fonts options, such as size, 10 fonts, line spacing, text alignement and text brightness
- Manage your sources, their categories
- Browse the most popular articles (Feedly only)
- Search within articles
- Mark as read (manual, automatic on scroll)
- Change reading order (oldest/newest first)
- Dark theme
- Save articles for reading later
- Share articles easily
- Android wear support
- Pocket, Instapaper and messenger quick sharing
- Enhanced sharing options
More features are coming! You can submit features request here: http://feedback.levelupstudio.com/forums/281266-palabre/filters/top
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
Read latest blog posts from hundreds of Urdu bloggers, best post of the week, blog awards, related events and much more.
• Automatically get notifications of new posts, events and news.
• Customize your experience with different layouts, fonts and themes.
• Bookmark your favorite posts.
• Keep track of unread posts.
• Save battery while reading with the optional conservative theme.
• Customize your synchronization settings to save bandwidth while on mobile data (GPRS) plan.
A very simple, clean and easy-to-use widget to present RSS feeds on your home and/or lock screen. It does what it's meant to do, taking up minimal fraction of your phone's memory.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- One-click save to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper and Readability.
- No AD.
- Offline reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support swipe left and right in article list page
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
[Note: If you encounter 'No articles available' in any section, it is because no articles are available currently in the RSS feeds. This is not a bug.]
The Newsfeed brings you news from the most reputed English-language daily newspaper in India, THE HINDU™. It is designed to be fast, fluid and efficient in network usage. It allows to save news articles for offline access automatically in background. You don't require internet access every time you wish to read latest news.
Currently, the app provides news from following sections:
1. City (over 10 cities to choose from)
4. Opinion (includes Editorial)
7. Science & Tech
The app provides several options to customize reading experience like themes, and variable text size. It also provides daily notifications to remind you to read. It provides an option to download articles in the background whenever possible. So you don't have to worry about it.
1. More news sources
2. Widget support
3. Read/Unread indicator
Disclaimer: The app uses public RSS feeds from The Hindu's™ website (http://www.thehindu.com). It is unofficial and is not related to "The Hindu" newspaper in any manner. The Hindu™ is a trademark of Kasturi & Sons Ltd solely. In case of any objections, feel free to contact at email@example.com
- Import/export feeds (OPML)
- Cache images for offline reading
- Automatic or scheduled synchronization (optional)
- Offline reading with pictures and full text
- Small 1x1 widget with unread news counter
- 4x3 resizable widget (available only in Pro version)
- Swipe left/right to view previous/next articles
- Scrolling news with volume keys (optional)
- Show notifications (sound, light, vibration)
- Share news
- Light or dark theme
- Full-screen mode for articles
- Auto clear old news
If you like this app and can help me with localization, please contact me.
- Simple data entry
- Scrollable, zoomable chart
- Weight goal
- Time-to-goal estimate
- Daily KCal estimate
- Visualisation of your diet plan in the chart
- Import/Export to Excel (.csv)
- Synchronization with Withings (download only)
- Withings real-time push notifications
Libra asks for the following permissions:
- Internet: Withings sync and showing ads
- Access network state: Required by the ads library
- Write external storage: Importing and exporting the database
- Receive boot completed: To reset the daily reminder on reboot
- Get accounts: Receive push notifications from the Withings service
- C2DM receive: Also required for push notifications
- Wake lock: Handling of received notifications
The aim of the app is to present only the most important information for the regular investor in a simple and clean way.
The app features:
- Multiple portfolios
- Detailed stock transactions
- Portfolio and stock gain/loss calculated from live data
- Portfolio values calculated using live currency conversion (forex)
- Beautiful charts
- News headlines relevant to your stocks and portfolios
- Quick and smooth interface
- Import and export to a text format for data portability
- Import portfolio from .ofx file
The app is currently in beta form. We're releasing it now in order to get feedback from users.
We'd like to engage you in spotting problems and directing future development to fit the requirements you have from a finance app.
Please note that since this is an early release, some planned features, such as widgets and a tablet interface haven't made it in yet.
We're working on that though, so please bear with us.
* Permissions *
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Required for accessing financial data and ads
INTERNET - Required for accessing financial data and ads
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Required for data import / export
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Required for data import / export
If you're not familiar with Libra, the concept behind the charts is that only the horizontal axis is scrollable/zoomable, and the vertical axis adapts automatically to fit the displayed data.
This new library adds support for multiple charts and smoother transitions with improved performance.
It also makes it easy to add new chart types, axis, and custom data structures.
Please remember that this is still preview code so there might be some snags.
This option remains here as an alternative when in-app purchases don't work for one reason or another.
This is a plugin for the Libra Weight Manager.
It disables the ad banner in Libra.
If you don't have Libra installed, the plugin will prompt you to install and direct you to the Market.
Please be aware that the Libra Weight Manager is required for this plugin to work.
Visit us on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LibraWM