Fromto does more than other wish list apps. The app lets you add and share wishes with text, photos, barcodes or a URL for birthdays, Christmas, baptisms, weddings, etc. But more importantly, it helps friends and family coordinate who buys what to avoid double purchases. It's FREE and always will be.
1. Coordinate purchases
- Enter details about the wish, but remember not to set recipient until last. After this the wish is locked, as it indicates the wish is 'ready'.
- Other users can mark who wants to buy the gift, and when it was purchased
- The app adapts the list display to the each user, so the recipients do not see this information
- Attention: It's important you set To, otherwise you get to see who is buying things for you which would ruin the surprise!
- The recipient cannot change the wish after setting To. This prevents cheating as the recepient could otherwise just remove To to see who is buying what :)
2. Easy and fast to add wishes
- Add wishes quickly by typing text that is auto completed against the directory
- Add wishes by pasting a URL, system extracts product name, image og store from page
- Add wishes using barcode scanner
3. Share with friends and family
- Give access to friends and family who get a download link and invitation code
- They may also share their lists with you (e.g. for Christmas)
- For people not using apps, you may also share a read-only copy of the list over email that can be printed
4. Describe your wish
- Enter name and description and possibly a photo
- Enter a URL in note field makes a button appear to visit site
- Suggest a store and mention a price you’ve seen for the wish
- Help your friends and family get the right item
5 List backed up and synced across devices
- Your wishes are automatically backed up onto our cloud servers, so don’t worry about loosing your data
- Changes on one device is reflected on all devices
- App of course available on multiple platforms (as your friends and family may have different device types) including a webapp for your desktop web browser
6. Other clever details
- Append suggested store and approx price, eg type ‘yoyo ebay 10’
- If you’ve got an account for Grosh – the intelligent grocery shopping app – you don’t need a new account to use Fromto – and vice versa
- Filter list to only show items tagged for shopping by you
- Offline mode lets you modify the list, resync using pull-to-refresh when online
Fromto is built by a small team dedicated to bring you the wish list app ever. We publish frequent free updates and would love your feedback. Get in touch via our homepage fromtoapp.com or our social media profile @fromtoapp.
Fromto is free and always will be. If you like the app, consider getting it’s sibling app Grosh. Grosh is available in a Premium version that lets you support the continued development of Fromto and Grosh and get rid of ads in both apps. Grosh let’s you manage not only wish lists, but also grocery shopping lists, recipes, and pantry / stock lists. Also enjoy various features exclusive to Premium subscribers and premium support.
Able to link to gift shopping sites like Tesco, Aldi, M&S, Sainsbury and Asda. Fromto is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the above mentioned sites.