As an Ease Mouse user you can perform –using a standard mouse or trackball– all those actions that allow you to control your mobile device. It provides powerful features to simplify the use of the mouse pointer on Android devices. For instance:
– Dwell click. Make click without needing to press any button.
– Gestures made easy. Most common gestures (e.g. tap, double tap, drag, swipe, pinch, etc.) can be performed with just one click.
– Visibility. A big cross makes the cursor more visible.
If you are a person with a traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, parkinsons, essential tremors; or you are a relative, caregiver or assistive technology professional, this App is of your interest.
Ease Mouse works for tablets and smartphones with Android 7.0 or higher.
HOW IT WORKS?
It provides three modes for clicking:
– Dwelling. Once the cursor is stopped, it starts a countdown and the click is performed when the dwell time is over. A big cross gradually shrinks providing feedback to you.
– Standard click, using the left button of your mouse.
– Ease click. To avoid undesired clicks as a result of tremors or other causes, it is possible to set a time you must maintain the button pressed before the click is accepted. Additionally, you could set up another time interval in which button presses will be ignored after clicking.
An on-screen menu allows you to choose the desired gesture or another action to perform. You can go back or home, open notifications, show running Apps, zoom in and out, scroll contents and perform swipe or pinch gestures, for instance.
AccessibilityService API use
This app uses the AccessibilityService API in accordance with the Accessibility API Policy. This API is essential to provide the accessibility features of this app, namely, intercepting the screen touches and performing the gestures required by the user.
We express our gratitude to the Fundació ASPACE Catalunya (Barcelona), Associació Provincial de Paràlisi Cerebral (APPC) of Tarragona, Federación Española de Parkinson, Associació Malalts de Parkinson de l’Hospitalet i Baix Llobregat and Vodafone Foundation for helping us to test and improve this App.