(NOTE: THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE AND MAY CONTAIN SOME UNFINISHED FEATURES AND OTHER ISSUES. PLEASE, HELP US TO IMPROVE.)
Ease Touch allows to the user to make use of a mobile device by using only one finger, even under poor hand or finger control conditions. Once the app is enabled, it captures all touches on the screen, discards those that are not voluntary and uses those that the user confirms to control the device by performing most standard gestures (e.g. tap, double tap, drag, swipe, pinch, etc.).
People with cerebellar affections, multiple sclerosis, ataxias, essential tremors, traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson, cerebral palsy, etc. might benefit from this app.
Ease Touch works for tablets and smartphones with Android 5.1+.
Android 7.0+ is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (lower versions do not support some features).
Does NOT require any external hardware.
HOW IT WORKS?
It provides three (3) operation modes to remove undesired touches:
- Accept on release mode. Once the finger starts touching the screen it can be moved freely without triggering any action. A big cross shows at all times the position of the finger. When the user releases the finger the action is confirmed immediately below the last touched position.
- Accept by time mode. Like the previous one, but when the finger is released a visible countdown is started. When the countdown expires the action is confirmed. If the user touches the screen again during the countdown, the action is canceled.
- Hold to accept mode. To confirm, the user must keep touching the screen on a fixed position until the countdown expires. If the user moves the finger or releases it, the countdown is canceled.
A menu allows to the user to choose the desired gesture to perform. Such a gesture might involve one or two additional touches, for instance, a double touch require an additional touch to confirm the position, and gestures such as drag or pinch require two additional touches to confirm the start and end locations.
- Install the app.
- Tap to the launcher icon.
- Tap on “OPEN ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS”.
- Enable the “Ease Touch” accessibility service.
- Follow the instructions.
TIP: to disable Ease Touch touch the screen with four (4) fingers simultaneously.
To enable it again you could use the notification entry or use the launcher icon.
This app has been developed with the support of Fundació ASPACE Catalunya (Barcelona).