Functional cutout: Reading aloud of sights, offline maps, list view, search function, history view, city change, favorites, data protection!
Decelerate your sightseeing and go on your own discovery tour in Lyon. With the Sightseeing App, you don't have to follow any pre-defined routes or lists of sights.
Just use any mode of transport and explore the city freely and casually. If you come close to a place of interest, the app draws your attention to it with a precise direction and distance indication as well as a meaningful picture. A short description of the sight is both read aloud and displayed, just like on a sightseeing bus tour.
If the current sight has aroused your interest, you can call up a multitude of additional pictures and information with just one swipe. By displaying all sights and your current position on the integrated offline map you will never lose your orientation.
Due to continuous updates, you will always receive the latest information and new points of interest. All visited points of interest can be viewed at any time via the integrated history.
The developer of the app stands for strong data protection, which is why no data will be sent without your express consent!
What the app offers:
* Display many places of interest (40 - 200) on an offline-enabled map of Lyon
* Display of own position by GPS with navigation to single or multiple points of interest
* Accurate routing and distance information to one or more points of interest with shortest path calculation
* Automatically read aloud information about a place of interest near you
* Optional retrieval of further information on a sight
* List view of all sights with search function
* Marking function for points of interest as a favorite
* Display a variety of (fast food) restaurants in your area with just one click
* A change from Lyon to another city is possible at any time within the app
* Offline available public transport network plans
* Daily updated information on places of interest
* Categorization of all sights with display/shadowing of categories
* Display of visited sights as table with date and time
* Display all positions and visited sights on the map with exact date and time (Time Shift)
* Complete offline capability of the app
* Collecting cups and medals for achievements with optional use of a readerboard for comparison with other users
* Import and export function for easy migration of your data
* 12 languages - English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, ...
* 100% protection of your data: No tracking, no data flow into the Internet!
The app requires GPS and, in some cases, an internet connection to operate. In the free version as well as in the purchased version, data is transferred almost exclusively from the server to the app. A data flow to the internet only takes place with consent for route planning, ranking and the import/export function.
This also means the complete renunciation of external tracking tools as well as like and share functions. Therefore, your data is always in your hands.
In the advertising version of the app (with explicit consent), the advertising network operator may collect statistics on the ads. In addition, the app operator collects usage statistics, solely for the purpose of improving the app, and stores them on the Sightseeing app servers.
Have fun in Lyon!