A unique & nurturing take on information & guidance on the postpartum period, for new & expectant parents. A friendly, accessible read, regularly updated & comprehensively researched, from an expert on the ground. Digital Doula®2.0 provides positive support through this transformative time, with special holistic resources such as energy medicine techniques that offer effective coping mechanisms.
Features & Benefits
• Digital Doula®2.0 fills a gap in information about what happens to you after the baby is born.
• A virtual doula available internationally at any time of day or night!
• Holistic advice & guidance that includes hot topics & latest news
• A valuable empowering resource about the many adjustments & normal challenges to life after birth
• Answers typical questions that arise during this pivotal time to help ease the transition to parenthood
• A unique aspect of the app is the weaving in of powerful energy medicine techniques that enhance self-care, increase energy levels, reduce stress & restore balance
• The app is being regularly updated with relevant material in a dynamic & evolving way
• Supports the postpartum everyday needs of new parents covering the physical, practical, emotional, social, relational & spiritual adaptations of life after birth
• Based on, & brings to life the links in, the authoritative book “Life After Birth: A Parent’s Holistic Guide for Thriving in the Fourth Trimester”
• 8 wide ranging sections with a focus on understanding & supporting the mother’s & partner’s experiences
Sections of the app:
1. The Fourth Trimester
2. The Dynamics of Hormones & the Stress Response
4. Bonding & Attachment
5. Nurture the Partner Relationship
6. What's Next, after the 4th trimester - including employment, maternity & parental leave, child care matters
7. Cesarean Section
8. It Takes a Village – community
Plus Hot Topics & latest news
“Life After Birth: A Parent's Holistic Guide for Thriving in the Fourth Trimester" (Praeclarus Press, 2019), by Diane S. Speier, PhD
• “Life after birth” may be currently classified as the most authoritative document (“the bible”?) about the “fourth trimester.” – Michel Odent, MD
Life After Birth & Digital Doula®2.0 work together for added value
The combination of book & app is a powerhouse package chock full of information & resources for parents after the baby comes. They are the first to apply energy medicine techniques to the postpartum period, in easy to use ways that everyone can do. A perfect strategy for managing the energy lows of the fourth trimester, these techniques become powerful self-care processes for handling the intense day to day responsibilities of new parenting.
Digital Doula®2.0 is a cross-platform app, intended to be a companion to, & expansion of, the book. However, it also works as a stand-alone postnatal app. Links embedded in each chapter of the book become live, open access resources for further exploration in the app. Hundreds of news links included in the app signpost users to additional resources within media, research, literature, & social media.
In addition to the book related content, additional material that is supplemental to Life After Birth, and only available in the app, include new sections that augment the content in the book, and are essential for the health & wellbeing of the whole family during this game changing period of life.
As an empowering & reassuring resource for an international audience of new parents, Digital Doula®2.0 is bringing time tested postnatal wisdom into the 21st century & delivering it in a mobile format for this generation of childbearing women.
This postnatal resource for new mothers & fathers/partners also gathers up to date information, research, videos, & articles and brings them directly to the consumer in the Hot Topics section.