The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
Now, the innovative FREE Epocrates CME app, powered by RealCME, is available to help practitioners fulfill continuing medical education requirements (CME/CE) requirements and stay up to date with the latest medical developments -- right on your Android device.
Epocrates CME offers the widest variety of unique, interactive continuing medical education activities across numerous specialty topics, with new activities added frequently. Activities are accredited by AMA, ACPE, ANCC and others and supported by an advanced personal CME toolset.
What sets Epocrates CME apart?
✔ Wide variety of engaging activity formats, with instant built-in feedback from esteemed experts
Choose from a wide variety of CME activity formats that reflect real-world experiences of health professionals. Virtual Patient Visits and Virtual Grand Rounds integrate authentic decision-making opportunities, peer-to-peer interactions, and expert discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to manage patients over multiple visits and settings, and view how your selections compare with those chosen by the faculty and other participants.
✔ Robust personal CME toolset to help you track credits and scores, compare your scores to other learners, and set and track goals
All completed credits are tracked automatically in your personal CME toolset and copies of your certificates are directly emailed to you. In addition, you can use this app to track your mastery of a particular topic in real-time, compare your mastery levels with other learners, review scores of completed activities, review all previously answered questions and correct answers along with faculty commentary, set up and track performance goals, schedule follow-up activities, and more!
✔ Personalized CME Portfolio Report
Every three months you’ll receive a personal report summarizing all of the CME activities you’ve completed, activities that you’ve started but not completed, your progress against CME credit goals and performance goals, and a summary of your mastery levels by topic along with comparisons to all other learners.
✔ Convenient online/mobile access
Your activities are synced on both platforms to enable you to switch between your computer and mobile device while you work on a single activity. For example, start an activity on your Andorid device, and finish it on your computer. You can also access Epocrates CME directly via an Internet browser at www.epocrates.com/cme.
Epocrates CME app requires an Internet connection to view and complete activities.
- Completely offline and free to download.
- List of drug name and uses.
- Detailed drug guide including the drug terms, brands and generics.
- Medication prescription for various diseases.
- The best choice for pocket drug dictionary and drug book for nurses with facts, doses and overdose information.
- Missed dose details describing the impacts of a missed dose and necessary measures.
- Search feature to lookup the offline drug index.
- Drug classifications computations and calculations.
- Very friendly and beautiful interface.
- Drugs Encyclopedia with complete information regarding their use and abuse, side effects and pill identification.
Medical Terms and Dictionary with common and uncommon words, terms and phrases. Used by physicians, nurses, PAs, NPs, medical students, nursing students and more.
With this simple, powerfull and free app you can reveal meanings of thousands of medical terms in English language.
It contains directory of most common used medical terms, diseases, tests and symptoms extended by external sources with tons of medical terminology.
- a very quick Search for Terms;
- complete offline access, No Internet connection required;
- huge database of Terminologies;
- email any of the terms instantly;
- unlimited Book Marks;
- compatible with all versions of Android Devices;
- very efficient, fast and good performance;
- automatic free updates whenever new terms gets added;
- application is designed to occupy as much as less memory as possible.
Please READ the FAQ before request a feature.
... Comments, suggestions and help: email@example.com
··· Languages: ENGLISH & SPANISH
··· This APP REQUIRES CONTINUOUS DATA CONNECTION and EXTERNAL SD CARD
The best way to request an improvement (translations, content, models of specific organs ... ) is by email, to know exactly what you need, and we will try to make it. In our experience, comments on GooglePlay are not a good way for it due to the limitations of our answers (150 chars) and the difficulties into contact with you again.
Q: Why is ONLINE? Why cannot be offline?
R: Think of the app as in Youtube. Each time you load a scene, this must be downloaded, then cached to accelerate the following times, but you'll still need internet connection (exactly as you see a video on youtube ).
and no, there is no way to make this APP (or youtube) offline.
The app can download and cache up to 1Gb.
P: In what languages is it translated?
R: SPANISH (original language) and ENGLISH (translated). French, Portuguese, Russian Italian... have already been requested, we are considering the translation from those languages where the users collaborate in its translation, since we do not speak these languages. More than 20.000 medical terms, plus the book's videos and descriptions should be translated.
Q: Why are there some books in "under construction"?
A: The project is still GROWING. We have modeling some 3D anatomical parts, of which we have not created an adequate bibliography for learning.
Q: What should I do if the app could not be installed, or it does not connect to the server?
A: Follow these steps:
- - - 1. - Make sure you fit requirements:
Android 4 . . . . 1Gb RAM . . . . 1GB of free space to install apps.
- - - 2. - Connect a WIFI or 4G high speed connection. G and 3G connections are often inadequate, slow and tedious. The loading of pages with a good connection takes about 5 - 10 seconds. (Think you're going to download 5 to 10 MB for each 3D model).
- - - 3. - Install the APP, open it and access the Library.
- - - 4. - If, after have followed these steps, you still can not access, send us your error through our mail. We would like to fix the bug, and we will notify you. Meanwhile, access www.AnatomyLearning.com and use the PC & MAC version.
Antibiotics & Infections is an app designed to meet the needs of medical students and health-care providers regarding anti-bacterial agents and their use in bacterial infections. The app is intended as an educational and reference tool, and has two parts: Drugs and Diseases.
The drugs discussed are common anti-bacterial agents and comprehensive information is provided about their :
• Available forms
• Anti-bacterial spectra
• & Adverse effects .
The diseases given are common bacterial infections of various human systems and information is provided about:
• The first line antibiotics that should be used
• Alternatives available
• and their Dosages and Durations.
The information has been taken from standard and up-to-date resources including Harrison's principles of Medicine, Davidson's principle and practice of Medicine, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, NICE Guidelines , and Public health England among others.
Feel free to comment and report any errors and omissions.
• My Drug List – Add your medications to instantly assemble relevant medical information in a simple, easy to read personalized format. Access in-depth consumer information, FDA alerts, drug interactions, plus food, allergy and medical condition interactions. An invaluable tool for medication management and adherence.
• Complete Drugs A to Z listings – Fast search, accurate suggestion engine and the most comprehensive database of drug information available online.
• Pill Identifier – Identify any meds simply by entering an imprint, shape or color. Database updated daily.
• Interactions Checker – Provides a list of interactions that may occur when different drugs are taken at the same time. Also checks food interactions automatically.
• Q & A – Ask a specific question about your medication. Search on thousands of questions and answers.
• Health Professionals – Quick access to all the tools you know and trust.
• Many more helpful tools. Try the Symptom Checker. Lookup specialised databases for side effects and dosage information. Not quite sure how to spell a drug name? Use the phonetic search.
The app requires full network access to gain access to the Drugs.com drug information database.
The app requires access to "Photos / Media / Files" to allow the app to be installed on the SD Card. We do not read your photos, media or files.
Important Notice: You must not rely on this application alone to remember to take your prescriptions or to replace medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your healthcare professional.
Drugs.com does not provide medical or treatment advice. Always consult with a physician.
Follow us on Twitter @drugscom for tips and updates.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. Drugs.com is a multiple Webby Award nominee and attracts more than 24 million U.S. visitors per month (Comscore, December 2014).
If you have any feature requests, suggestions or you simply need help, please visit http://www.drugs.com/apps/support/ and our responsive support team will prioritize your request.
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
This application is intended to complement the study of anatomy in medicine, biology or other.
Touching each organ as the heart, brain, lungs, reproductive system, liver, intestine, ovary, testis, stomach, kidney, etc.. information is displayed.
Practical, useful and valuable anatomical information in your palm. Reference to primary education, secondary school, college or culture in general.
* Supported languages English, French, Portuguese, Spanish.
* Rotate 3D
* Hide or display the information.
* Collate between male and female organs.
* Free Updates.
* Each anatomical organ is shown in a different color.
* Descriptions very detailed.
* Recommended Hardware
Processor 1 GHz or more.
1 GB of RAM or more.
This medical disease hand book can act as a clinical advisor for self diagnosis and can also be used to look up symptoms, diseases and treatment. Medical diseases dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common diseases and treatment codes.
Diseases dictionary FREE - Medical App Features:
- Works Offline without internet.
- Detailed description of all major medical conditions and diseases.
- Information regarding treatment of diseases for all medical conditions and symptoms along with medication information, medication interaction and drug side effects.
- Medical reference book and thesaurus covering all medical terminologies and abbreviations.
- Prescription drug info along with pill description is provided in the treatment section.
- Physicians desk reference and pharmaceuticals dictionary.
- A handy free pocket guide for nurses for use as an emergency guide.
Who can use this free disease dictionary:
Healthcare professionals, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
This popular app which is used by over 130,000 physicians worldwide has just launched a premium version, which is updated with latest evidence from series such as the Journal of the American Medical Assocation's Rational Clinical Examination Series.
**** 'The top 10 quick reference medical apps for iPhone released in 2013' - iMedicalApps *****
Diagnose is a novel medical app which aids clinicians in the diagnosis of common internal medicine conditions. The app allows users to incorporate validated findings from the history, physical examination and investigations to calculate an evidence-based likelihood of disease. This app is intended for use by internal medicine physicians and trainees, with the goal of improving patient care and medical education at the bedside.
Diagnose provides you with an evidence-based pre-test probability, validated likelihood ratios and a calculated post-test probability based on your findings for over 45 of the most commonly seen conditions in internal medicine. The data is validated from sources (JAMA Rational Clinical Exam Series, etc).
When examining a patient with a presumptive diagnosis, such as stroke, physicians can now see in real-time how specific findings on the history, physical exam and laboratory evaluation of patients alters the likelihood of disease.
"Diagnose is a fantastic app that encourages the application of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice."
- Daniel Schwartz, MD
The following evidence-based summaries are included in this app:
Acute Otitis Media, Child
Cancer, Family History
Cardiac Arrhythmia, Any
Cardiac Arrhythmia, Significant
Central Venous Pressure
Compliance and Medication Adherence
Death after Cardiac Arrest
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Headache, Need for Neuroimaging
Influenza, >60 years old
Influenza, any age
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Knee Injury, ACL
Knee Injury, Meninscal Tear
Peripheral Arterial Disease
Pneuomnia, Adult, Community-Acquired
Pneumonia, Infant and Child
Renal Artery Stenosis
Thoracic Aortic Dissection
Upper GI Bleed, Locating
Upper GI Bleed, Severity
Urinary Incontinence, Women
Urinary Tract Infection, Women
Visual Anatomy Free is an interactive reference, and education tool. Now it include a rotational organ 3D overview model!! It contains all body anatomy systems and has more than 500 feature points which can be interactively select. Each feature point has its own label and description. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. 8 overview images from Gray's anatomy. Full version has all 1247 images.
In additional, a quiz with 23 multi-choice questions also is included.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It is also a general anatomy guide.
★ Support English, French, Spanish, German languages.
★ muscle description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS).
★ Tap and Zoom - Pinch zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
★ Quiz mode - test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point.
★ Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
★ Multi-choice quiz.
★ High-resolution images.
★ Great for learning anatomy and physiology
★ Free periodic updates.
★ Can be used as anatomy dictionary by searching anatomy term.
Organ 3D, Muscular System (overview, head, arm and foot muscles), Skeletal System (overview, skull, hand and foot bones. Some bone marks in the skull), Circulation System, Body Region, Heart, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Nervous System (overview and brain), Female and male Reproductive Systems, Ear Structure, Nasal Cavity, Eye.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality anatomy images. The user can zoom in to any area by tapping on the zoom in button and using the single finger panning function. The feature point (cross) can be selected by tapping on it. Detail button allows you to switch on/off the short description. For muscle section, detail button only show the description. Quiz mode button allows you to switch on/off the label and short description.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image, label and short description. You also can find more information by pressing the Wiki icon!!
This mobile app is free and intended to be just a basic reference. Free app is limited in its functionality, options, information coverage, cross-Android devices and different Android OS versions compatibility. Current version is not fully tablet-friendly and compatible only with 7”-8" screen tablets. It is only English language version. So please do not expect miracle from free app. The following below options/functions have not been implemented so please use this app accordingly:
- Detailed test protocols
- Abnormal values rationale
- Patient notes
- Fancy or sophisticated GUI design (it is not an entertainment app!)
1. Nothing developer presents in Quick LabRef Application concerning the health or clinical subjects should in any way be considered medical advice.
2. This Application does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.
3. While the application attempts to be as accurate as possible, it should not be relied upon as being comprehensive or error-free.
4. The information and materials contained in Quick LabRef Application are intended solely for the general information of the users.
5. The information presented in Quick LabRef Application is intended as an education resource only and is not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of professional medical care.
6. Any information developer presents is solely of his understanding and/or interpretation of the material he ever studied.
7. If you or your relative have persistent health problems or if you have further questions related to health information, please consult your health care provider.
8. The users of this Application assume all responsibility and risk for using information provided in this Application.
9. This mobile Application is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. Developer does not guarantee this Application will ideally work for every user and on every mobile device.
10. Users have a right to dislike this Application and can remove it from their respectful mobile devices at any time. Developer does not obligate users in any way to keep the Application, nor use it.
11. This mobile Application under constant development and changes may be made in the topics and program at any time. Please accept it as an ongoing project. Developer reserves the right to update Application at any time and as frequently as needed.
Please make sure you understand free version limitations before start using this app.