Welcome to Future History. Point your smartphone or tablet at an interesting location and take a look into the past through your display.
- Choose a place on the map, start the navigation and dive into the past.
- Merge past eras with the here and now through augmented reality and superimpositions in the right perspective.
- Start audio and text to learn more about the hidden stories of this place.
- Add your preferred pictures to the collection, write comments and share them with your friends.
- Start a virtual journey through time from your sofa. For many places, there are interactive image sliders between historic images and current photos with identical angles.
City guides and tour agencies are out partners and use Future History
- for group tours to superimpose historical views on location and as a lasting memory of the guided tour
- for individuals and small groups as a self-guided tour with and audioguide feature, route planner and superimpositions on location.
http://www.stattreisen-karlsruhe.de (under development)
https://www.wiesbaden.de/tourismus/tourist-information (under development)
You can become an author, too, by uploading your own historical images and by helping make hidden stories visible. Here’s just a few good reasons to do so: transparent urban planning, commitment for the cityscape, monument conservation and a sound historic centre, interest in architecture and urban history as well as realizing educational projects.
Find more information under www.future-history.eu