What's blooming there? The Flora Incognita App enables you to identify the plants of Central Europe automatically quickly, easily and accurately .
The identification process is intuitive: take a picture of the flower and the leaf with camera of your smartphone. The unknown plant is then identified automatically within seconds. In addition to the specific plant species name, a species profile page presents further information such as characteristics, distribution or protection status of the species. You can also save, export or share your plant observations on different social media channels.
The app contains:
- automatic identification of 2700 plant species of the Central European wild flora
- species portraits for each species with information on appearance, toxicity, protection status, distribution
- more than 10.000 pictures of the Central European flora
- a species list with all species
- search and filter function for fast finding of a species
- creation of observation lists
- export function of observations
- We cannot include ornamental and indoor plants in the determination at
the present time.
- We can no longer support Android 4.0. On old operating systems the app
will not work on some mobile phones.
The Flora Incognita app is jointly developed by scientists from the Technical University of Ilmenau and the Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry in Jena. We are continuously working on improving the app. We would be delighted to receive your suggestions for improvement at any time.
Flora Incognita is a joint project funded by the German Federal Ministry
of Education and Research (BMBF), the German Federal Ministry for the
Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB),
the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN) and the
Thuringian Foundation for Nature Conservation (Naturschutzstiftung
Thüringen) in accordance with the guidelines for funding research
projects to implement the National Strategy for Biodiversity.