Forest Watcher is a mobile application designed to bring the dynamic online forest monitoring and alert systems of Global Forest Watch (GFW) offline and into the field. Forest Watcher allows users to easily access GFW’s forest change data on any mobile device, navigate to areas of detected change, and collect information about what they find, regardless of connectivity.
This app provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution to quickly identify areas for patrols or field investigations, collect evidence about forest changes from the field, use the data that’s collected to make evidence-based management and conservation decisions, and investigate remote sensing products in the field.
* Designate areas of interest to monitor, up to 20,000 sq km
* Store various satellite-based forest change data, such as near-real-time deforestation alerts on your mobile device
* Overlay contextual layers, such as Protected Areas and Timber Concessions, or upload other custom datasets
* Investigate alerts in the field and collect information (including GPS points and photos) through built-in and customizable forms
* Review, analyze, and download data collected with the app
* Route tracking to investigate a deforestation alert
* Share alerts, areas, routes, reports, contextual layers and basemap tiles or all app content at once.
* Manage a team and more through the supplementary desktop application at forestwatcher.globalforestwatch.org
If you have any issues downloading or using the app, please reference our “how-to” materials. If the issues persist, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any other questions or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.
Full terms and conditions can be found at http://www.globalforestwatch.org/terms.