Finally found a worthy quickpic replacement. Its simple enough for everyday use and gets pretty feature rich if you are a power user. Best of both worlds. The pro is pretty steeply priced for me though. Would have bought it otherwise. :(
Almost perfect Almost perfect. One thing I'm trying to find is a gallery that lets you multi select using the thumbnail bar at the bottom while you're viewing a photo. I use burst mode on my camera to take lots of photos and my old Samsung gallery app used to let you multi select so I could quickly bulk delete. Any chance this feature could be considered?
A bit slow to load thumbnails Even after deleting some pics thumbnails don't disappear until some time
Instructions Required! A 5-Star app, though rated at 3-Stars, because even after an entire hour of study, I've still no idea whatsoever of how to make my own tag groups!
Good, but flawed Has many excellent features, if you can figure out how to use them from the paucity of instruction, and can put up with the random removal of tags and ratings that regularly occurs. It has the possibility of being truly the best gallery app if the bugs can be squashed and a proper set of tutorials written.
Edit doesn't work If you were mad about QuickPic being bought out by Cheetah mobile, this is a definitive replacement with some features that even quickpic was missing. Editing not working.
- Made the design more Material
- Hide logo now shrinks the top section of navigation drawer
- Moved long tasks to service
- Number of columns for folders and tags can now be changed in settings
- Improved the way breadcrumb navigation works
- Ratings stored as decimal can now be read
- Can now rotate protected images
- Fixed wrong sort order when viewing screenshots
- Fixed setting contacts issue in nexus 6.01
Full list here:
Fast, light & modern the best alternative gallery to protect your private photos