Much much better since the app was updated to support Android 6 and 7. I had contacted support cause it wouldn't work on my new nook tablet on Monday and found the update tonight on Tuesday but I finally got it working on my older Samsung tablet and now it's working on the nook too I still much prefer Amazon or Nook so far but it's not bad so far
While it's good that it has more eBook selections compared to Google Play Books, the app is a bit of a resource hog and lags a bit when browsing through the kobo store and when turning ebook pages online and offline. Even though I am a gadget enthusiast, I find the app very confusing and hard to navigate. It lacks the ability to change margin and line settings found in Play Books.
I can't sign in to the app anymore. I just get a blank sign in page. I normally like Kobo but I really hate the app right now
New upgrade made all my books disappear and now I have to download them all again. Very annoying as there was nothing wrong with the previous app. Presumably some nerd justifying his existence...
Love my Kobo, don't love leaving it at home and being forced to use this app. Even after all these years the reader still needs config options for header/footer/margin sizes and justification. More fonts, colour choices, anti-aliasing and kerning adjustment would be nice too. ie, something a little closer to what the eReader gives me.
A lot of the features do not work on Pixel XL
New in this update:
• Android 7.0 support
• Find all your items and collections under My Books
• Your books will now sync faster, including all their covers
• We've improved the loading speed and responsiveness of the Kobo Store
• Filter to see only items you've purchased
• See your current reading progress, or mark an item as unread or finished, without downloading it first
• Under My Books, long press on any item to add it to a collection
E-book reader. Multi-format, highly customizable. Supports cloud synchronization