Microsoft Defender is an online security app for your digital life1 and work2.
Stay safer online with Microsoft Defender for individuals1. Defender is an easy-to-use app that helps keep you and your family one step ahead of threats. Microsoft Defender for individuals is available with a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription.
All-in-one security app
Seamlessly protect your personal identity3, privacy, and devices4 against malicious threats with antivirus scanning, threat monitoring, multidevice alerts, and expert guidance.
Manage your security in one place
• Check the security status of your family’s devices.
• Get timely threat alerts and security tips across your devices.
Protect your family’s personal information
• Threats to your identity and personal identifying information5 are continuously scanned on the dark web.
• Get credit monitoring with timely alerts and monthly credit reports.
• Call an identity theft restoration expert for help, anytime day or night.
• Get identity insurance coverage, up to USD1 million, to help cover restoration fees. Insurance coverage includes up to USD100,000 to recover lost funds7.
Keep your online activity safer
• Safeguard your Wi-Fi connection with privacy protection8.
• Easily turn on a virtual private network (VPN) in the Defender app.
• Keep your location and IP address private with VPN so hackers can’t trace your online activity.
Trusted device protection
• Protect your devices against new and existing threats.
•Get alerted if malicious apps are found and take steps to uninstall and remove the threat.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is an industry-leading, cloud-powered endpoint security solution that helps to secure against ransomware, file-less malware, and other sophisticated attacks across platforms.
Microsoft Defender uses accessibility services to automatically block malicious web pages that may be accessed via links from SMS, messaging apps, browsers, and email.
1. Microsoft 365 Family or Personal subscription required. Sign in with your Microsoft account. App is currently not available in certain Microsoft 365 Personal or Family regions.
2. If you are a member of a business or organization, you need to login with your work or school email. Your company or business is required to have a valid license or subscription.
3. Feature is available in the United States and US territories.
4. Does not replace existing malware protection on iOS and Windows devices.
5. Feature available in the United States and US territories. Credit score is a single bureau VantageScore 3.0 provided by Experian®. The monthly credit report is provided by Experian® using single bureau data. For users under the age of 18 or those without a credit history, credit score not included. Family organizers will not have the ability to onboard, view, and receive alerts related to family member credit monitoring. Your device's primary display language must be set to English.
6. A one-time parent or legal guardian verification is required to receive dark web threat alert details for children. If the organizer’s family member is under 13, consent is not required to create and/or monitor a child’s identity. Consent is required to create and/or monitor identity of family members over 13 years of age.
7. The identity theft insurance is underwritten and administered by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an Assurant company. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Review the Summary of Benefits: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/microsoft-365/summary-of-benefits-for-itm.
8. Available on Android devices in the United States and US territories. Some streaming services are excluded. After 10 GB per month, data transfer speeds may be limited.