SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. This can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
App Permissions Install Settings Note:
• We do not collect or use any personal information. There are, however, some permissions necessary for the app to function properly.
1. Photos/Media/Files – This allows the app to store the medical content and multimedia for offline use without requiring the user to reload all the large content when the app updates.
2. Device and App History – This is used only to keep the app and content up to date.
The Merck Veterinary Manual, a renowned animal health reference for more than 60 years, covers all species and disorders of veterinary interest worldwide.
This app provides veterinarians, students and other animal health professionals with clear, practical explanations of thousands of conditions across all body systems. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for diagnosis and treatment.
The trusted Merck Veterinary app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 400 veterinary experts from more than 20 countries
• Photos, illustrations, and video of thousands of disorders and diseases
• Quizzes* check knowledge of veterinary disorders, signs, and treatments
• Interactive Case Simulations* test ability to treat a specific patient over the disease course
• Clinical calculators
• Numerous reference guides and hundreds of useful tables
• Pet health content* written in consumer-friendly language for clients
• FAQ and User Guide
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to veterinary professionals and clients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Veterinary Professionals.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at https://www.merckvetmanual.com/ privacy
Adverse Event Reporting: To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372. For questions or help with the app please contact firstname.lastname@example.org