Pain Tracker & Diary by Nanolume®
"Designed for patients who wish to keep a detailed diary that depicts each and every type of pain they are living with every day."
TRACK IT BETTER. TREAT IT BETTER.
Now you can distinctly track, map, and monitor not only the intensity, but also the pattern and extent of spread, of at least 12 uniquely different types of pain on your mobile device, using patent-pending technology.
PAIN IS LIFE-CHANGING
When you are suffering with pain, what you want is to feel better again.
Tracking your pain is important in treating your pain. When your healthcare providers can see how your pain changes over time, trends can emerge that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pain is a complex sensation that can constantly change with varying intensities, textures, locations, and patterns of spread. This is especially true for individuals who suffer from a severe type of chronic pain called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). Trying to remember and describe the details of the pain you have experienced over the course of days or weeks can be daunting.
Nanolume® makes it easy for you to track, analyze, and map at least 12 distinct types of pain every day. By more completely knowing what types of pain a person is suffering with, such knowledge can be used to improve the basis upon which your diagnosis and treatment can be developed and/or adjusted.
PAIN IS DIFFERENT
Healthcare professionals consider pain to be the 5th vital sign, along with blood pressure, heart rate, ventilation rate, and temperature. While the first 4 vital signs are objective findings that can be easily measured, the 5th vital sign is different.
Pain is a subjective – not objective – vital sign; it cannot be measured. Its assessment relies on the ability of the patient to describe what he or she feels.
This app allows you to better document and communicate what you feel to others.
- Choose from at least 12 different pain types for each entry.
- Choose the intensity of each pain type.
- Map the location of each pain type.
- Keep a diary where each type of pain exists on your body.
- Show each pain type separately or all together so others can understand the complexity of what you feel.
- Add Notes.
- Go back and recreate a record of the pain you remember from the past
- App estimates the percentage of your body surface area covered by each pain type.
- View a summary of trends in 'Charts'.
- Unlimited Pain Entries. An unlimited number of pain entries can be saved and tracked.
- Copy/Edit. Copy or edit-a-copy of a previous pain entry.
- Numbness. Track numbness along with pain entries (data charted separately).
- Custom Pain Types. Allows you to define up to three custom pain types that you can use to track your pain.
- Aching – A dull continuous area of soreness.
- Allodynia – An unusual skin-sensitivity to light touch, vibrations, or wind that causes severe pain.
- Burning – A fiery-hot, blistering, broiling, or searing pain.
- Cutting – A tearing, lacerating, or ripping-apart type of pain.
- Freezing – A shivering, bone-chilling or ice-cold sensation.
- Shooting – A sudden flash of shocking pain that travels across, up, or down a body region.
- Squeezing – A cramping, gripping, or spasm type of pain.
- Stabbing – A sharp jabbing, knife-like, or penetrating type of pain.
- Stiffness – A decreased ability to move a joint or muscle-area due to tightness or poor flexibility.
- Stinging – A very uncomfortable repetitively pinching or pins-and-needles type of pain.
- Stretching – A pulling, twisting, tugging pain.
- Throbbing – A beating, pounding, or pulsing pain.
- Tingling – An bug-like crawling or repetitively prickling sensation.
- Custom – Add up to 3 custom-defined pain types.
Data is stored on your device and is not collected/stored by Nanolume®, LLC.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Nanolume® LLC. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.