Did you know that there are well over one hundred outdoor murals, sculptures, memorials and yarn-bombings across Newfoundland and Labrador? This app offers a way to explore many of them and learn more.
Browse through these works by location, medium, or artist. Information about each work, the artist, the location, and its significance is included, often with links to supplemental information and videos. Learn more about works near you or plan a trip to discover something you’ve never seen before using the map and directions features.
● Database of 100+ works
● Artist, work, location, and commission information
● Locate works near you using location services
● Plan excursions to see new works using the map feature
● Add works to your “collection” to keep track of what you have seen
● Submit additional works you would like to see included
Business and Arts NL is a nonprofit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We believe the arts are a significant and necessary part of a thriving community. They have intrinsic value and contribute to a broad range of economic and social goals.
We work to:
● Identify and foster alliances between the arts and community collaborators in the private, public, and social sectors
● Create & nurture a community that encourages creativity & innovation through collaboration with the arts
● Communicate the benefits of art/community collaborations
● Identify, foster & facilitate access to alternative sources of financial, human, and community capital for the arts