Your free Chiltern Railways app helps make journey planning, accessing the latest travel information and buying your tickets even easier.
It’s simple and secure to purchase your Chiltern Railways e-ticket through the app, download to your phone and use for your next journey. And if you’re planning to travel anywhere else on the GB rail network, you can buy your ticket on the Chiltern app too.
And when you buy train tickets through our app, we’ll never charge you a credit card, debit card or booking fee. So, it’s goodbye pesky queues at the ticket office. And hello cheapest Chiltern fares around!
Download and register the Chiltern Railways app to:
- Always find the cheapest fares available in your search results
- Get an instant e-ticket for many Chiltern Railway journeys, saving time at stations
- Enjoy fee-free fares. You won’t ever pay credit card, debit card or booking fees when you book direct from Chiltern
- Group save bookings for three or more customers can be purchased via the app
- Quickly find your recent journeys in our new My Account section, where your details are securely maintained in the app for quick and easy repurchasing
- Get up-to-the-minute updates on your train status with live departure boards, busyness indicators, number of carriages and platform numbers
- Purchase tickets for any British train journey – and did we say NO BOOKING FEES
Getting your ticket
E-tickets may look like a humble barcode but when they’re stored in your app’s Booking section, they become the quick and easy way to travel, so no need to interact with anyone or anything when in the train station or onboard a train.
Picking up tickets from a ticket machine
If you plan to pick up your tickets from a ticket machine, you'll need your reference numbers which are stored in the bookings section to view at any time.
Using your Smartcard
Request a new Smartcard through the app when making your next ticket purchase. We will then send you your Smartcard in the post. You may then load the ticket onto your Smartcard at the gate.
We sell Flexi season tickets to match your own travel requirements.