Personal Netflix Awesome service. Worth the tinkering if you are a storage hoarder. Premium licence worth it if you travel. Needs a continuous play on Playstation console but apart from that; it's the like my cheese... very Gouda.
Awesome concept and realization Love having all of my media accessible on the go! Sometimes the streaming over mobile networks is inconsistent but boy am I glad for a simple and elegant solution to view my media anywhere.
Do NOT spend £3 on the "Premium Functions" in application. I did this and received "Please purchase a Plex Pass" when trying to use features like Sync. Only support seems to be on the forums, very weak for a paid for Application, surely should have some sort of email / ticket support. Ended up putting a refund request through Google who I'm happy to say obliged. Very disappointed, a very nice application let down by a weak customer service system.
Best thing ever Better than cheese. Better than Evil Knievel. Better than raindrops on roses.
Great app Worth while if you don't know how to stream your downloads. Or are a bit lazy it's a great app with spending a few quid to unlock your Android devices
Plex is great. I really enjoy the media metadata and organization features, and it's pretty rock-solid overall. The Android app is fine, but the offline and low-connectivity experience leaves some things to be desired. When I try to play content from the device, sometimes it hangs (I assume trying to connect to the server, which is difficult or impossible in a subway station) before falling back on local content. Related, it'd be great to be able to play back content that I've streamed before but not explicitly synced to the device (that is, playing from the cache). The Subsonic app does this, and I enjoyed not having to think ahead too much when I'm planning on being offline for awhile.
- Show "Now playing" action only when there is room in the toolbar
- Improve detection (and playback) of DTS-HD content
- Prevent duplicate AirPlay targets being displayed
- Fix issue where SD card wasn't detected for some Lollipop devices
- Fix various issues when remotely flinging music to AirPlay targets
- Fix lyrics icon not being shown on mobile landscape or tablets
- Don't show Friends option for managed home users
- Many others, see full list at https://goo.gl/c6etcU