So, I decided to try to write an app that would help folks figure-out what the issues might be so that they can get their OTA update installed.
The OTA Verifier app can be used to evaluate an over-the-air (OTA) update.zip or other flashable .zip file before you attempt the install or afterwards to help you figure-out why the installation may have failed. OTA Verifier will point-out what files and conditions are being tested so that you can more easily attempt to correct these issues.
Q: Do I have to be rooted to use this?
A: No, but rooted devices will have more conditions that the app will be able to test/evaluate because it will have access to protected files that non-rooted devices don't.
Q: Will the app actually do the installation or change anything on my device?
A: No. The app will only evaluate the expressions and conditions contained inside the updater-script file inside the .zip file that's trying to be installed. None of the functions or commands that try to modify your device (i.e., delete/patch/format/extract, etc.) will be evaluated or executed. The app basically operates in "read-only" mode with respect to the .zip file being evaluated.
Q: Will this app work on older devices or flashable .zip files that use the amend update-script files?
A: No, this app evaluates and interprets the newer edify updater-script files (notice the "r" in "updater").
How do I use this app?
1. Install and launch the app
2. Click the "Select File" button and navigate to desired .zip file
3. Long-press (press and hold) the file entry for the desired .zip file
4. Click the "Verify OTA .zip" file pop-up
5. Wait for the app to process the file (very large files may take several minutes to complete)
6. View the displayed results (text will also be copied to the clipboard)
1. Savvy root users probably already know that after a failed .zip file installation, you should be able to view the /cache/recovery/last_log file to view the information about what might have failed. OTA Verifier will try to uncover all of the issues and not just the first one that causes the installation to fail.
2. While I wrote this app principally to evaluate OTA update.zip files, the edify updater-script files are used and written by ROM devs and others who created flashable .zip files. This app can be used to evaluate those file's updater-script files, too.
3. Note: it is not a given that an error reported by this app also means that the OTA will fail to install. I'm seeing newer (Android 5+) OTAs whose updater-script contains post-install SHA1 checks that will be reported as failures (false expressions) by this app. I've added (v2.5) a new "strict mode" preference/setting that will "allow" non-existent files to not make the expression their referenced in evaluate to false (which they would otherwise). Version 2.6 brings additional logic to handle these post-install SHA1 checks by allowing them to not be evaluated as false when detected after seeing a "verifying system partition files" ui_print expression.
4. Additionally, in v2.6, the app will suppress any errors past the 25th one since the output becomes unwieldy (you can revert this change in the preference/settings menu).
Please see this Google+ post for more details on the latest changes: https://plus.google.com/111250871094989567615/posts/ftgrXDS3s8i
Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
This application will not root the device and doesn’t require root access.
It will collect anonymous statistics to assess the efficiency of the methods used to detect the root mode.
Be safe and backup everything either to local storage or cloud storage with automatic syncing!
If you don't know where to get your recovery files, just download directly from this app!
1 - Flash boot and recovery .img without even needing to go to recovery.
2 - Flash zip files. Option to wipe cache, dalvik and data when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
3 - Download and flash CWM, Philz, TWRP, Gapps, Franco Kernel, Stock Nexus Kernel (premium), and Stock Nexus Recovery (premium).
4 - Automatic Loki Patch when needed.
5 - Full nandroid backups/restores when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
6 - Backup/Restore kernel and recovery using Sdcard or cloud (Dropbox, Box (premium) or Google Drive (premium)).
7 - Automatic cloud synchronisation of backups between devices and desktops.
8 - Keep track of recently flashed items.
9 - Flash multiple files and build your flash queue.
11 - Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer or Email app? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify.
This app is free but has a limit of 3 flashes per day. You can unlock the limit with a quick in-app payment.
If this application are present in Google Play Store - you get actual version number and possibility to update application - or try to search new version on your favorite forum or site.
There is two possible ways to check updates - via Google Play Store site or via experimental lightweight API.
There is a lot of Internet traffic used for checking - especially if you have a huge number of installed applications.
Application marked in colors when scanning are done:
Red - possible update found or it's not possible to determine current market version
Grey - application are not found in Play Store
Black - no updates found for this moment
you can donate me via paypal email@example.com - if you like this app.
SuperSU Pro adds the following features to your SuperSU installation:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
See the SuperSU app description for further details on SuperSU.
Note that SuperSU Pro is rarely updated - most of the updated code goes directly into the main SuperSU app. That is the one you need to update.
Over 1 Million concerns have been documented in the public space using SeeClickFix.
75% of those concerns have been resolved.
Please note: SeeClickFix uses Google location services.
311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app uses GPS to identify
your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your service request.
Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to city departments
GPS identifies your location;
Add a photo to your service request/issue;
Routed automatically to departments for resolution
Track it from time of report to resolution at www.311.saccounty.net
Use the Sac County 311 Connect app to also report stray animals, food facility complaints, rental housing issues, abandoned shopping carts, zoning issues and more.
Report issues in your neighborhood, get status updates on their resolution and vote on issues that are important to maintaining your community’s well being.
The app’s intuitive interface puts the power in your hands to explore, check out informative videos and become an active participant in your county’s government. Get the latest news on what’s happening in the county, find out when the next Board of County Commissioners meeting will be held and watch the latest videos from PCC-TV.
Find your evacuation zone, discover new biking trails and learn about the county’s award-winning parks and preserves. Get info on where – and when – to catch the next bus, what you can recycle and so much more. Link to the county’s calendar to be sure to never miss another fun county event.
Connect directly with Pinellas County on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms.
new Minneapolis 311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app
uses GPS to identify your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your
service request. Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to
city departments for resolution. You’ll also be able to follow your issue from the time it
is reported until it is resolved.
The mobile app can also be used to report such issues as graffiti, damaged street signs,
and abandoned vehicles.
This app submits data to City of Minneapolis via a third party service, SeeClickFix. The handling
of the data submitted to the City for servicing the issues submitted using this app is covered by
You can also use the app to find out general information about PalmettoPride and other programs including Adopt-A-Highway, Keep America Beautiful, neighborhood pickup events and Prideways. Having a cleanup? Share your information on the app so volunteers can find you.
• Check your flight at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
• Check your bus schedule at the Manchester Transit Authority.
• Reserve a Book at the Manchester City Library.
• Reserve a Tee Time at Derryfield Country Club.
• Find a league or facility where you can play your favorite sport.
• Find a monument that honors our heroes.
• Access the Manchester Monarchs, NH Fisher Cats, and Verizon Wireless Arena event schedules.
• Access info on what’s happening in the City this weekend.
• Look for a City job.
• Look up scheduled City Meetings and Agendas.
• Discover a Business Opportunity.
• Discover a new place to explore.
• Communicate with your elected officials.
• And much, much more.
See some graffiti? Click a photo to submit with the location, and let us Fix the problem. Spot a City Code violation? Don’t wait until you get home to let us know – use the handy SeeClickFix St. Pete mobile app to report the issue and add your own comments. All reports will be routed to the appropriate City Department to be addressed in a timely manner, and you can even be notified when the work is complete. Accessing your City’s services has never been easier thanks to SeeClickFix St. Pete.
Download and start using this free app today, and thank you for helping to make St. Petersburg a better place to live, work and play!