How to do a factory reset on an Android tablet when your start up screen is hanging. Some methods show how to reset from the operating system but in this instance you cannot get to the software it just shows the android screen. We will then have to get to the boot screen, not all tablets will give you a menu screen in boot mode, so once it is here simply allow it to reboot itself and your android tablet should now start up with factory default settings, simply reinstall your apps, and I am assuming you have stored your data on a cloud or an SD card.
This problem is rather frustrating as there is no complete clear set way of solving this problem, as there are different android versions and so many different manufacturers of the devices it is very difficult to actually pinpoint and accurately describe the function appropriate for your device to get it out of the boot loop. This app will give you a way which works without the use of any tools just a series of key presses to reset your android device.
This works 80 percent of the time
If the advice in this app does not correctly reset your device you may have to try a slightly different sequence if your android version is different. For example Try powering off? and booting, count 2 seconds then press the volume button vigorously then as shown. If no luck increase to 4 seconds then 6.....etc up to 10 seconds count. You may also have the option to go through a menu. Use your volume keys to see if you can scroll through an option menu which will then enable you to restart your device that way. If you have no luck then please follow our firmware upgrade procedure in our Android Repair Manual at
It includes step by step procedures with picture illustrations, also firmware download links to many android tablets which are often stuck in boot mode.
Want to Open your tablet?
Yes you have an android tablet but now there is something wrong with it, you feel in your heart that if you can
just open it you can solve the problem but it is not straight forward how to open it.
We will show you how to open your tablet without damaging it cosmetically or electronically.
Android tablet spares and repairing
How to open a tablet
Mini jack headphone socket not functioning. You cannot use headphones on your device
Power jack socket not functioning. You cannot charge your device correctly
Tablet stuck in boot mode
Speaker damage. Internal speaker has blown and is playing music and sounds with distortion
These all can be resolved and some are easily done whereby others need technical assistance.
The app’s GPS recognizes your location and provides an easy to navigate menu of common quality of life issues to report. “Adrian Fix It” also allows you to snap a photo to add to your service request and has the ability to follow your issue from the time it is reported until it is resolved.
The simplest way to sync your contacts with high resolution Facebook profile pictures and images! Completely free!
This app will download your friends profile pictures and set them to your local phone contacts.
3 easy steps:
1. Connect with Facebook
2. Select which pictures should be synced (if possible, pictures will have been automatically matched)
3. Press "Sync Pictures"
And watch the pictures sync!
Soruce can be found here: https://github.com/heinrisch/Contact-Picture-Sync
This app uses:
This app will download and apply the highest possible resolution picture to your contacts. The final contact picture resolution is determined by the picture that the Facebook users supplies and the restrictions in Android. If the pictures displayed during syncing look better than the resolution in the contacts, it's because of the limitation in Android.
If you are having trouble with this app, for example, if it's not syncing all contacts, please send me an mail and I will try to fix the problem.
- 3 resize modes: small, medium, large
- Easy to use
- Image sharing after resized
- Upload images to social sites like Facebook with fraction of times
- Send images to friends quickly
- Export image will be saved in "photoresizer" folder on sd-card
- "Take a photo" only works on default camera app
- Share using Facebook app will make the resized image invisible in other image viewing apps except default gallery..., it is a bug from current Facebook app: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=4c96bbbad2ae0c29&hl=en (Fixed by latest Facebook app version)
1. Why is there "Internet access" permission?
It is for Google in-app ads only, nothing else. There is no shortcut icon or notification ads!
JustPictures! is the ultimate multi-platform photo gallery & viewer !
It lets you browse and synchronize photos from Picasa, Flickr, Smugmug, Photobucket, Windows Live, Tumblr, Deviant Art, Imgur, MediaRSS feeds and of course local ones, in a unified and clean UI. JustPictures! is the best photo viewer for accessing photos wherever they are.
Features are :
✔ Fullscreen browsing with sensor based rotation,
✔ Multi account searching capabilities (titles, tags...)
✔ Automatic notification of album updates (Except Flickr and Photobucket),
✔ Slideshows and a Live Wallpaper on Android 2.1+ devices,
✔ Zooming and panning capabilities with multitouch on 2.0+ devices, and one-touch zoom on others
✔ Move, Delete and Rotate local photos,
✔ Add/Edit tags for local photos
✔ Set photo as wallpaper, contact icon, email attachment,
✔ Batch mode edition (Favorite, Move, Delete, Rotate, Share, Save),
✔ Access to Exifs tags (if any),
✔ Good usage of network for updates,
✔ Managed cache, cache size can be limited to user defined value,
✔ Authentication of users to access private albums, password protected albums are supported on Smugmug,
✔ Quick access to Favorite photos,
✔ Set image as wallpaper.
✔ Geolocation of photos displayed on minimap + large map (including for a complete album)
✔ Tags from IPTC Picasa, Flickr, Smugmug, Tumblr and Deviant Art
✔ Tag browsing
✔ Upload and batch upload to Picasa, Facebook, Flickr, Smugmug, Photobucket and Imgur
IF YOU LIKE IT, RATE IT !
IF YOU FIND BUG, GO TO MY SITE !
Root access is required!
This should be a last resort method to making Japanese Kanji show in apps instead of the Chinese default.
1. This app changes system files. As a result, OTA updates will fail. You will need to revert before applying an OTA update.
2. This can make other unicode languages look awful, including Russian.
3. 4.4+ fixed Japanese font rendering in WebViews (Chrome, Wanikani Mobile, and other apps), although this is still required for apps using native fonts with native TextViews.
Make a backup if concerned about data loss. A restart is required after applying to see the updated glyphs.
See the screenshot above for a comparison of the different fonts. An alternative font, IPAGothic, is provided for a less "rounded" font, and can be installed by selecting "Install Alternative Font" from the menu.
This application is fully open source and licensed under the MIT License. The project source is available at https://github.com/ascendedguard/android-kanji-fix/
ATTENTION: Introducing the new System+ Module! The next evolution of the Helper for Android 4.1+.
Secure Settings has tons of features for super users or those who just want more out of their devices.
• Failed Login Attempts
• Google Now Shortcut [4.1+, Pro]
• Outgoing Call
• Secret Code
• Airplane Mode [System+ required 4.2+]
• Airplane Mode Radios [System+ required 4.2+]
• BT Connection [4.0+]
• BT Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Execute Shortcuts
• Adjust Font Size [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Keyboard [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Keyguard [2.3 and below]
• Launch any Activity (Root required for some activities)
• Change default system language [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Mobile Data [2.3+]
• Run any GNU Linux command
º Capture output info
º Use root to execute privileged commands [Root required]
º Output return values to user-defined Tasker variables [Tasker required]
• Show Touches [4.0+]
• SIP Options [2.3+]
º Toggle Receive Calls
º Change Call Option
• Keep device awake while charging [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wake Device
• Change Wifi sleep policy [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wifi Hotspot [4.0+]
Dev Admin Actions:
• Enable/Disable Camera [4.0+]
• Lock device
• Toggle Lock Screen Widgets [4.2+]
• Set/Reset device Password or Pin
If you are rooted the following is available:
• Toggle Accessibility Services
• Set Background Process Limit [4.0+, Pro]
• Toggle Background Data [Pro]
• Toggle Data Roaming
• Set Active Day Dream
• Toggle Day Dream State
• Toggle GPS
• Force GPU Rendering [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Overlays [4.1+, Pro]
• Change Input Methods without the prompt
• Set Default Launcher [4.4+, Pro]
• Toggle Location Services
• Set Location Mode [4.4+]
• Set Lock Screen Timeout [4.0+, Pro]
• Update Lock Screen Owner Info [3.0+]
• Toggle NFC [NFC Adapter]
• Toggle Notification Listeners [4.3+]
• Toggle Package Notifications [4.1+]
• Manage Package Data [Pro]
• Enable/Disable user or system apps
• Toggle Power Button Lock [4.1+, Pro]
• Toggle Pattern Lock
• Answer,End and Silence calls [Pro]
• Reboot Options (uses built-in functions) [Pro]
• Toggle Unknown Sources
• Toggle USB Debugging (ADB)
• Toggle USB Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Connect/Disconnect VPN Profiles [4.0+]
• Toggle Wifi Optimization [4.2+]
• Toggle Wifi Scanning [4.3+]
• Toggle Wireless ADB
~Custom ROM functionality~
• Toggle ADB Over Network [CM9+ only]
• Toggle Expanded Desktop [CM10/PA only]
• Toggle Fast Charge [Custom Kernel with Fast Charge Required]
• Toggle Kill App Back Button
• Toggle LTE [CM9+/AOKP]
• Toggle HTC Power Saver [HTC ROM]
• Toggle Samsung Modes [Samsung ROM]
Any issues or questions? Check out the XDA thread: http://goo.gl/zP5ltJ
Explanation of Permissions:
• Device Administrator Access - Required to lock the device or set/reset the password
• Superuser Access - Required to execute privileged commands
• Storage Access - Required to write to the SD Card
• Full Network Access - Required to download/check for updates for the Helper application
• System Tools - Required for the Keyguard and Wake Lock functionality
• Write Secure Settings - Required for performing System+ functions
• Change Configuration - Required to change Locale
• Change Network State - Required to toggle Mobile Data
• Change Wifi State - Required to toggle Wifi Adapter for Wireless ADB
• Wifi Access - Required for the Wireless ADB function
• NFC - Required to toggle the NFC Adapter
• Bluetooth/BT Admin - Required to Connect to BT Devices
• Boot Complete - Required to install Helper on boot if missing
• Process Outgoing Calls - Required to use outgoing calls as conditions
Over 1 Million concerns have been documented in the public space using SeeClickFix.
75% of those concerns have been resolved.
Please note: SeeClickFix uses Google location services.
• Check your flight at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
• Check your bus schedule at the Manchester Transit Authority.
• Reserve a Book at the Manchester City Library.
• Reserve a Tee Time at Derryfield Country Club.
• Find a league or facility where you can play your favorite sport.
• Find a monument that honors our heroes.
• Access the Manchester Monarchs, NH Fisher Cats, and Verizon Wireless Arena event schedules.
• Access info on what’s happening in the City this weekend.
• Look for a City job.
• Look up scheduled City Meetings and Agendas.
• Discover a Business Opportunity.
• Discover a new place to explore.
• Communicate with your elected officials.
• And much, much more.
311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app uses GPS to identify
your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your service request.
Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to city departments
GPS identifies your location;
Add a photo to your service request/issue;
Routed automatically to departments for resolution
Track it from time of report to resolution at www.311.saccounty.net
Use the Sac County 311 Connect app to also report stray animals, food facility complaints, rental housing issues, abandoned shopping carts, zoning issues and more.
Report issues in your neighborhood, get status updates on their resolution and vote on issues that are important to maintaining your community’s well being.
The app’s intuitive interface puts the power in your hands to explore, check out informative videos and become an active participant in your county’s government. Get the latest news on what’s happening in the county, find out when the next Board of County Commissioners meeting will be held and watch the latest videos from PCC-TV.
Find your evacuation zone, discover new biking trails and learn about the county’s award-winning parks and preserves. Get info on where – and when – to catch the next bus, what you can recycle and so much more. Link to the county’s calendar to be sure to never miss another fun county event.
Connect directly with Pinellas County on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms.
You can also use the app to find out general information about PalmettoPride and other programs including Adopt-A-Highway, Keep America Beautiful, neighborhood pickup events and Prideways. Having a cleanup? Share your information on the app so volunteers can find you.
See some graffiti? Click a photo to submit with the location, and let us Fix the problem. Spot a City Code violation? Don’t wait until you get home to let us know – use the handy SeeClickFix St. Pete mobile app to report the issue and add your own comments. All reports will be routed to the appropriate City Department to be addressed in a timely manner, and you can even be notified when the work is complete. Accessing your City’s services has never been easier thanks to SeeClickFix St. Pete.
Download and start using this free app today, and thank you for helping to make St. Petersburg a better place to live, work and play!
Winston-Salem? The new CityLink 311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app uses GPS to identify your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your service request. Reports are automatically sent to city departments for resolution. You’ll also be able to follow your issue from the time it is reported until it is resolved.
new Minneapolis 311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app
uses GPS to identify your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your
service request. Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to
city departments for resolution. You’ll also be able to follow your issue from the time it
is reported until it is resolved.
The mobile app can also be used to report such issues as graffiti, damaged street signs,
and abandoned vehicles.
This app submits data to City of Minneapolis via a third party service, SeeClickFix. The handling
of the data submitted to the City for servicing the issues submitted using this app is covered by