To activate and use the Alinea app you need a license with valid username and password. If you do not yet have these, please contact your Alinea distributor or site administrator. A list of distributors where you can buy your license can be found on https://sensotec.be/en/contact/distributors/ .
The Alinea App converts printed text into high-quality speech and makes it possible to get accurate, fast and efficient access to documents consisting of one or more pages, with a simple click.
This app allows users to take photos of almost any type of printed text, including mail, receipts, teaching materials, articles, memos and many other documents that you may encounter.
The specially developed document analysis technology recognizes the words and reads them aloud using high-quality text-to-speech technology. People with reading disabilities are supported by synchronizing the spoken text with double text highlighting. The Alinea app revolutionizes access to printed text for the mobile professional and busy student by offering advanced reading technology in a single portable device.
• Fast, accurate and efficient mobile text recognition that delivers almost immediate results.
• Reading modes for books, articles, labels, invoices and memos.
• Synchronized text highlighting and high-quality speech.
• Automatic text detection for touch-free or hands-free operation.
• Ability to import, scan (OCR) and read PDF and JPG images.
• Ability to export txt and html files for storage in the cloud such as Dropbox.
• Dropbox synchronization and backup
• Batch scan mode for photographing documents consisting of multiple pages and having them read aloud.
Fully localized version (user interface, recognition and speech) available for: English, Dutch, French, German.
Other languages available for speech and recognition only: Finnish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Russian, Polish and Turkish