The Stations of the Cross, are a way to pray and meditate on Christ's sacrifice for us. There are in total fourteen stations from the time he was condemned to his burial. This devotion has been long encouraged by the church, and is especially useful during Lent and Good Friday.
Below are the 8 reasons from Pope Francis on why we should pray the Stations of the Cross.
1. They Allow Us to Place Our Trust in Him
2. They Put Us into the Story
3. They Remind Us That Jesus Suffers with Us
4. They Compel Us to Action
5. They Helps Us Make a Decision for or Against Christ
6. They Reveal God’s Response to Evil in the World
7. They Give Us the Certainty of God’s Love for Us
8. They Guide Us from the Cross to the Resurrection
This app is developed for you to have easy access to the fourteen stations anywhere you go and at anytime. You may also choose to share any station in which you find particularly meaningful to your friend and family members easily via the app. There is also an optional dark theme which improves reading in the dark. (Tap on top left icon to toggle it)