The Angry Weatherman is a convenient application to obtain accurate local weather. It is essentially 2 applications in 1, with a NYC-centric, handmade forecast, and briefing by Ben Scott of Meteorologist Joe CIoffi's NYCWeatherNOW.com, and Angry Ben's Angry Weather on Facebook. In addition to the NYC area forecast, there is also access to national radar, satellite, and most weather stations/forecasts throughout the United States. The Angry Weatherman is the only weather app you need when planning your week in the New York City area, taking into consideration the nuances of New York City's micro-climate, something the majority of other apps do not do. With access to other weather stations across the Nation, it can also double as your go to source when traveling to another location, or if you live in other parts of the Country aside from New York City.
New York City Metro Area:
- Access to "Angry's Blog", which discusses trends, patterns, short term, and long term forecasts. You get the who, what, when, and why when it comes to the listening area. Whether it be winter storm season, severe weather, heat waves, arctic blasts, or tropical discussions, everything is covered in full when a threat arrises. We also delve into specific areas when flooding due to rain or tide cycles is possible, giving you an understanding of which areas to avoid and who needs to take action to protect property.
- Access to Angry Ben's 5 day forecast. Aside from the automated 5 day forecast on the "Local" tab, there is a dedicated, hand-made, 5 day for the New York City Metro Area, updated daily to reflect any changes that may arise. Within the 5 day, it is noted if there will be any localized differences, such as cooler temps at the shore during the summer.
Local Forecast anywhere in the United States:
- In the "local" tab, you can choose for your phone to have access to your location. This will put you to the nearest weather observation station anywhere in the United States; giving you the current temperature, wind, dew point, humidity, and current conditions. You also have access to a more generalized and automated 5 day forecast, making things convenient when traveling, relocating, or if you live outside of the NYC Metro Area.
- The "Map" tab will also access your location if you choose to do so. This will give you an interactive map, with temperature, wind, radar, weather alerts, and storm tracking capability. The radar is also capable of a 30 minute loop, to see trends and directions for areas or rain, snow, sleet, and thunderstorms. This feature is available anywhere in the United States.
- Under the "Video" tab, you will have full access to Meterologist Joe Cioffi and his various live streams and videos, giving you a full synopsis, and explaining everything that currently happening in the Northeast area of the United States. When severe weather hits in other areas of our Nation, such as hurricanes, tornadic storms, and snowstorms, Joe also explains what to expect and what path these systems are taking.
You may also follow updates via Angry Ben's Angry Weather on Facebook, in which Ben gives you a daily, entertaining view of his life; where he incorporates weather with food, drink, cigars, satire, sarcasm, and sophomoric humor at times. Forecasts may also be accessed at https://www.NYCweatherNow.com