Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Open the app to instantly see accurate next departure times, track buses and trains near you on the map, and see upcoming transit schedules. Use the trip planner to quickly compare trips - including options like bus and bike, or metro and subway. Get alerted about service disruptions and delays for your favorite lines, and save frequently used locations for trip directions in a tap.
HERE’S WHAT THEY’RE SAYING "Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times “You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times “Killer app” - Wall Street Journal "MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe “A one-stop-shop” - Washington Post
AND HERE’S THE WORD FROM PUBLIC TRANSIT RIDERS “Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car.” “Blows Google Maps out of the water.” “The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
6 GREAT THINGS ABOUT TRANSIT:
1) The best real-time data. The app uses the best transit agency data sources like MTA Bus Time, MTA Train Time, NJ Transit MyBus, SF MUNI Next Bus, CTA Bus Tracker, WMATA Next Arrivals, SEPTA Real-Time and many more. We combine that data with our fancy ETA prediction engine so that you get the most accurate real-time info possible for all transit modes - including buses, subways, trains, streetcars, metros, ferries, ridehail and more. Prefer to travel on two wheels? With GPS, you can see live bikeshare and scooter locations right on the map.
2) Travel offline Bus schedules, stop locations, subway maps and even our trip planner are available offline.
3) Powerful trip planning See fast and easy trips combining buses, subways and trains – the app even suggests routes that combine multiple options in one trip like bus + bike or scooter + metro. You’ll find great trip plans that you never even considered! Don’t like to walk a lot or use a certain mode or transit agency? Personalize your travel in the settings.
4) GO: our step-by-step navigator* Receive departure alarms to catch your bus or train, and get alerted when it’s time to get off or transfer. When using GO, you’ll also crowdsource more accurate info and real-time ETAs for other passengers– and rack up points and thank yous for being the most helpful rider on your line.
5) User Reports See what other riders have to say! With millions of users contributing, you’ll get helpful info on crowding levels, on-time performance, the closest subway exits, and more.
6) Easy Payments Pay your transit fare and buy bikeshare passes directly in the app in over 75 cities.
300+ CITIES INCLUDING:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Hartford, Honolulu, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington D.C.
1000+ PUBLIC TRANSIT AGENCIES INCLUDING:
AC Transit, Atlanta Streetcar (MARTA), Bee-Line, Big Blue Bus, Caltrain, Cap Metro, CATS, CDTA, CTA, CT Transit, DART, DC Metro (WMATA), DDOT, GCRTA, HART, Houston Metro, KCATA, King County Metro Transit, LA DOT, LA Metro, LBT, LIRR, Lynx, MCTS, MDOT MTA, Metra, Metrolink, MetroNorth, Miami Dade Transit, MTA BUS, NCTD, New Jersey Transit (NJT), NFTA, NICE, NYC MTA Subway, OCTA, PACE, Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT), Ride-On, RTD, SEPTA, SF BART, SF Muni, Sound Transit, SORTA (Metro), St. Louis Metro, TANK, TheBus, Tri-Met, UTA, Valley Metro, VIA
SEE ALL SUPPORTED CITIES & COUNTRIES: TRANSITAPP.COM/REGION
-- Questions or feedback? Browse our help pages: help.transitapp.com, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on X: @transitapp
Nov 24, 2023
Maps & Navigation
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Location, Personal info and 2 others
This app may collect these data types
Location, Personal info and 5 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted
Ratings and reviews
November 20, 2023
Overcomplicated, very difficult to navigate, and nearly impossible to use. Very unfriendly for anyone who's unfamiliar with public transport systems or doesn't have the different systems basically memorized. The map is also incredibly difficult to read, and requires using a regular map app to figure out locations or routes. Overall, I'd never recommend.
22 people found this review helpful
Show review history
November 10, 2023
This app has become for pay, the free version is useless. Absolutely unacceptable. In response to developer: I am happy to pay if I feel it is warranted, I understand that good designers are worth it. However, as an occasional rider, that is not the case, there is a lack of good (re)design. I need one feature, planning ahead for one route. The changes are for the worse; the last 2 days, the app flip-flopped me on departure times. It is ridiculous to offer avatars. Please rethink your strategy.
47 people found this review helpful
November 14, 2023
Hello again and thanks for your feedback. Again, we give away free subscriptions, no questions asked! If that's something you're interested in, just send us an email at email@example.com. And remember: even without Royale, you can plan A-to-B trips, pin your favourite lines and move the map to see additional lines.
November 17, 2023
Possibly the worst app I've ever used. There seems to be an issue switching between Wifi and Mobile data. Don't even think about using a VPN. For whatever reason the app stops loading my ticket and I have to "clear data" to get it to work again. But I have to call UTA for device credit because it thinks I've switched devices. I've had it work fine for up to a week to as little as a few hours. I don't understand why monthly passes can't be permanently stored? Next month it's back to physical.
21 people found this review helpful
November 20, 2023
Hi, sorry this is happening; we're here to help! Could you send us an email from inside the app? That will give us a debug report so we can address the problem. Open the app, tap Settings (gear icon), then tap the Transit logo (on the right of the 3 icons), then Email Us. Thank you!
• We just launched the NYC Subway Rat Detector' to let you report rat sightings on the subway • See the leaderboard of rattiest stations: transitapp.com/rats Other relevant house-keepings and mouse-peepings: • On an underground train? We can now detect when you're on the move (even when your GPS is spotty) • We removed the “protected lane tag” for shared bus + bike lanes in the bicycle trip planner • Other black magic, potions, and spells, per usual