- Automatically alerts when auroral activity is high enough
- Current auroral activity based on Kp and history graphs
- Auroral oval map customized for all locations
- NOAA Kp predictions within the next few hours
- 3-day aurora forecast
- Solar wind and IMF data
- Configure when you can be alerted based on sky darkness
- Filter out alerts based on current cloud cover
- Several local K-indices available for the most up-to-date activity
- Moon phase calendar included
When first launching Aurora Alert, it will find your location from GPS or cell networks, and then configure your settings based on the results. Users can then adjust any settings, if they wish. Aurora Alert will then update in the background, as often as you wish, and will alert you to possible aurora sightings when the conditions are favorable. You’ll never miss a chance to see the northern lights again!
Aurora Alert is configured to run as efficiently as possible. Automatic updates will download only 5KB of compressed data per update, which spares users of downloading needless data against their limits. It also runs only when it needs to, and no more, which helps save battery life and frees up for RAM for other apps. Note that since Aurora Alert needs to update in the background, certain task killer apps can prevent it from updating. So if you run any task killers, Aurora Alert will need to be on the ignore list in order to keep updating.
For more screenshots, see the website link below. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Then this App is your trusted friend!
It simply makes you aware if it could be possible to see the greatest nature show.
The service is still in beta.
Stay warm outside people and bring with you some hot chocolate mug!
UPDATING BUG IS NOW FIXED.
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
You can also view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas:
(Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
This Android application has been developed with the help and support from the original AuroraWatch UK application on the iPhone, please see https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/aurorawatch-uk/id946141347?mt=8 for more information.
AuroraWatch UK is a free service run by Lancaster University, indicating the likelihood of an auroral sighting from within the UK.
This AuroraWatch UK Android app, developed in association with AuroraWatch UK, allows you to have this data at your fingertips on your phone, alerts as in on the iPhone sent directly to your phone.
Monitor the UK's geomagnetic activity in real-time.
Aurora notifications (Yellow, Amber, and Red)
See how likely an auroral sighting is.
View last 24 hours data and plot's.
The app is available on phones and tablets
A page of useful links
Report any sightings.
Install this package, then restart AuroraNotifier. There should then be a "+" after the app name and your location should be marked with a red dot on the globe.
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
Get notifications about increases in geomagnetic activity - triggered when the AuroraWatch status level changes; this indicates the relative likelihood of viewing an aurora in the UK.
See the current alert status.
Read last 24 hours recent history.
Report aurora sightings (requires logon).
Forecast model from SWPC.
AuroraWatch UK is in Beta - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
The app does not alert historically. If your phone is off or out of range when the status goes up but the level goes back down before the next data update you will receive no notification.
The AuroraWatch UK (Android) app is developed and maintained by Smallbouldering Projects, it is not an 'Official' app.
AuroraWatch UK alerts data is provided by Lancaster University, UK using data from the SAMNET and/or AuroraWatchNet magnetometer networks: Read more about this here:
This provides a service offering a short range forecast for the visible Aurora Borealis over the UK. There is also a page which offers data and forecast maps supplied by NOAA SPWC.
This App is aimed at photographers and people wishing to view the Northern Lights in the UK on the occasions that conditions are optimal.
- REALTIME solar flare, geomagnetic storm, and aurora alerts!
- 3D ultraviolet sun maps, including REALTIME channel!
- 3D Earth map showing aurora, clouds and sunlight!
Be ready for space weather storms with Solaris Alpha, featuring realtime 3D views of Sun and Earth. Receive automatic solar flare, geomagnetic storm, and aurora alerts on your phone!
Solaris Alpha's 3D Sun view displays the latest xray flares and sunspots on our home star, at four extreme ultraviolet wavelengths. Effortlessly move around the Sun and zoom into interesting regions with a touch of your finger! (NOTE: The STEREO spacecraft antenna is experiencing overheating problems, and only the realtime channel is currently available. NASA expects full data restoration in early 2016)
But there's more - this app also features a realtime 3D view of Earth's aurora, cloud-cover, and sunlight. Watch northern and southern lights, storms, and sunshine move across our planet - all in the palm of your hand!
The application uses data from NASA STEREO, SDO, and ACE spacecraft - downloaded from outer space to your phone. Solaris Alpha alerts you with a ringtone when new solar flares are detected, geomagnetic storm level increases, interplanetary magnetic field turns south, or when the aurora may be visible from your phone's location. If you are interested in solar astronomy and space weather, you need this app!
Please email me with suggested new features - many thanks to all of those who have already helped me improve Solaris Alpha!
The app's storm/aurora/flare detector automatically starts when your phone boots, and you will receive alerts whether or not SolarisAlpha is running (uncheck "Start detector at boot" from Solaris' "Settings" menu to disable auto-start on boot). PLEASE NOTE: Android does NOT support start-on-boot of apps stored on the SD card, so you must install SolarisAlpha on your phone to enable this feature.
Download the free Solaris Widget, which displays key data from www.spaceweather.com. Touching the widget automatically opens Solaris Alpha.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS - please email me at email@example.com with a problem description rather than leaving a brief complaint in the market. Brief market comments usually do not provide enough detail to fix bugs, and I have no way of contacting you for more information unless I have your email address! Thanks!
Copyright 2015, Earth and Sky Productions. All rights reserved
Geomagnetic solar activity has a significant impact on human well-being (exacerbation of disease, malaise, headache, etc.) as well as some technical devices (GPS satellites etc.).
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity transcription:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
- Archive data for last 30 days
- Forecast data for 3 days
- Storm begin notification
- Sharing image of a solar activity chart
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
- Cloud cover
- Lunar Phase
- Lunar Altitude
- ISS Passes (automatically localised)
- Support for GPS-only devices
- Support for devices with no location services (manual long/lat entry)
- NEW overview graphic
Astro Panel is entirely free. If you would like to support me as a developer, please download my game, Finger Shepherd! (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd)
This lightweight astronomy app detects your location and uses it to instantly give you a forecast that is highly localized and works worldwide.
***Uses 7Timer's Astro Panel to achieve this (see http://7timer.y234.cn). The forecast grid and key are loaded directly from this website***
Please note I am not affiliated with 7Timer in any way.
Please contact me with any bugs/feedback!
7Timer!, pronounced as "Tri-Timer", means "bell of clear sky" in Chinese. It is a series of meteorological forecast products. Most of the products base on a numeric weather model from NOAA/NCEP, called GFS, and aim on short-term (up to 16 days) weather forecast service for special purpose, for example, astronomical activities, or meteorological condition assessment. 7Timer! was first introduced in mid 2005 and has been revised for better fitting of public service operation in mid 2008. It's first designed as a weather forecast tool for astronomical purpose, as the author himself is a long-term astronomer and is always annoyed by fluky weather conditions.
Weatherproof your day for free with these features:
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• MinuteCast widget now available. Also available, homescreen widget displaying two-day forecasts with severe weather warnings for your GPS location and a time clock. Resizable, multi-location widgets also available with even more weather detail.
• For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you’ll see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States.
• Radar for all of North America and Europe, and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™ with a snapshot view of the maps for your saved locations.
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
• Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 15-day forecasts using the social media apps you have on your device.
You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and customization you expect from AccuWeather:
• Accurate and local forecasts for every latitude/longitude on Earth. Forecasts update every 15 minutes with information for the next 15 days – all in 33 languages and dialects.
• Current weather conditions update every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity and precipitation percentages, dew point, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather factors to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Local weather forecast summaries that provide an overview of the next five days’ weather forecast along with a description of the most dramatic weather event expected during the five days.
• Status bar on the homescreen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
• Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, 12-hour or 24-hour time display, and portrait or landscape view.
Please note: Sunrise and sunset times are found in Daily Details which can be viewed by tapping on daily forecast. Also, AccuWeather Holo Dark and Light widgets display RealFeel® and occupy only the 4x1 space.
Download AccuWeather for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
Whether you’re a storm tracker or planning for the school day, The Weather Channel app brings the most useful, hyper-localized forecasts, radar maps, conditions, and alerts directly to you.
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW.
-- Forecasts: Choose hourly, 36-hour, 10-day and weekend forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
-- Current Weather Conditions: More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
-- Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show road or satellite views, water temperature, wind speeds, snow cover, and more.
-- Customizable push alerts
-- Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with NWS notifications of severe weather, and know the moment tornado and severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
-- Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
-- Rain Alerts: Avoid getting surprised by the rain with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
-- Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you. We’ve got your back, if not the tissues.
To configure your alerts, go to the settings menu and select sign-up.
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
-- Hurricane Tracking: Follow the path of tropical storms and hurricanes, and see their projected paths.
-- Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather. Geeky? Yes, and proud.
-- 24/7 Remote Temps: Populate your notification bar with the current temperatures of your favorite locations worldwide.
-- Weather Widgets: We have widgets available in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4. You’re welcome.
-- Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts, airport delays module, and beach & boat planner help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
-- Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
-- Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
-- Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
-- Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions. Did you notice?
-- Love For Android Tablets: The best weather app and widgets are optimized for Android Tablets.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel. After all, #ItsAmazingOutThere
We’re always looking to improve our app and appreciate your feedback. So please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have suggestions, submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
NOW, You can adjust "Smart Privacy filter" for security!
- Adjust height of privacy filter.
- Swipe to adjust brightness of filter.
- Toggle the filter by using notification bar shortcut whenever you want.
- Personal info, Privacy, Security, Safe guard