The program includes such utilities:
• Ping - a tool needs no description. With Ping you can test the connection to the remote server, to learn about the connection delays and more. Supported by the entire set of parameters: the endless ping, packets size, TTL, timeout interval and flood mode.
• Traceroute - an indispensable tool for system administrators. Shows the route on which the packets are from your device to the target server.
• Port scanner - a powerful multi-threaded TCP port scanner. With this tool you can get a list of open ports on a remote device, as well as find out what programs they use.
• UPnP scanner - shows UPnP devices on your local network. With UPnP scanner you can find out the IP address of your router, game console like Xbox or PlayStation, media servers and other compatible devices. Supports DLNA-compatible TVs and mediaboxes (Samsung AllShare, LG SmartShare).
• Wi-Fi scanner - shows the list of access points around you. In addition, you can find out the manufacturer of the access point, the signal level and a lot of other information. You can use the chart to appreciate it all visually.
• Subnet scanner - this tool can scan your Wi-Fi subnet to find other hosts around. Scanner can check host via Ping, or check multiple TCP ports. So u can simply find services in your subnet (for ex scan 22 port to find where SSH running). You can also configure IP address range for custom scan, set count of threads and other various parameters.
The program is adapted for phones and tablets.
ICMP ping currently only works in IPv4. IPv6 isn't widely supported on Android yet and is NOT available in this application.
- Allows you to save popular hosts to ping
- Allows you to control ping packets count
- Allows you to control ping packet sizes
- Allows continuous pings (keeps pinging until you stop it)
- Allows you to set intervals between ping packets
- Allows broadcast pings
- Allows you to email ping results
- Allows you to ping in the background (this will allow ping to continue even if you rotate the screen)
- Contain Google ads* upon exiting app.
- Long click hostname to edit host.
- Use menu button to Toggle Sound.
- Use menu to send us a Feedback for ideas and improvement.
- Manually edit /sdcard/ping.xml via a text editor for a easier way to add lots of host. Just copy the Google entry as a template for your host.
Please backup /sdcard/ping.xml before update.
PLEASE DON'T INSTALL ON ANDROID 4.3 FOR THE MOMENT, THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY DNS HANDLING HAS BEEN CHANGED IN THE KERNEL. I'VE PULLED IT FROM THE MARKET FOR 4.3 DEVICES.
Preserves your custom nameserver information when using both wireless and 3g/edge mobile connection. WIFI Only with non-rooted phones.
Comes with google, opendns, opendns family shield, fooldns settings, enter custom DNS servers and option to revert back to DHCP.
Includes widgets that will show the current DNS state and if you have DNS Pro installed, will allow nameserver changes by clicking the appropriate widget.
In normal mode, this app doesn't change *any* system files (unlike some DNS apps), so you don't need to back up your nameserver details. Just reverting back to DHCP will go back to your normal network settings.
You can update the resolv.conf file within the preferences if the normal settings don't work. This will modify the contents of the resolv.conf if it is writable, after taking a backup.
OpenDNS Family Shield settings can be used to filter adult or inappropriate content on the phone.
Using alternative nameservers like Google DNS or OpenDNS can dramatically speed up your browsing. You can also bypass local DNS filters such as Nawala.
Set DNS also checks if your browsing goes via a proxy service that overrides your DNS settings. When network settings change, it will try to access a URL directly using the IP address. If this hits the right server then you have a direct connection to the network. If not, then a proxy is intercepting the connection and is using it's own nameserver information.
Proxy testing is turned *off* by default. You can enable it in the preferences.
I've had some feedback about net.rmnet0.dns not being changed (there's a comment here too). The app doesn't change these settings by design. Changing net.dns is sufficient to change the DNS lookups on the device. However, if I get more requests for the rmnet0 settings to be changed, I'll add in an option to override the interface specific DNS as well. Just drop me an email.
If you have any problems with this - please email me or leave a message on the google plus page (see the About option) before rating on the market. Most problems are due to cached DNS or network proxies rather than the app itself.
In particular, testing against sites such as opendns will fail if going through a mobile carrier's proxy.
If you find this app useful, please consider buying the Set DNS Pro app which activates locking, control widgets and non-rooted functionality.
Please note, entering the wrong nameserver details can break your internet settings.
If you install this on a non-rooted phone, please understand that some people are reporting in the market that it breaks their WiFi.
Unfortunately these people report the problem in the market yet don't get in touch with us so there's no way to resolve it. As a result, please consider the non-root functionality "beta" status and install on your device at your own risk.
When you switch to Static IP mode, DNS Setting will copy all values from your dynamic IP setting. Now it's easy to change DNS addresses (or IP, Subnet Mask address...) and save it. You can switch back to Dynamic IP mode.
I use it to set Google Public DNS!
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Press [MENU] to configure automation so the selected DNS settings will stick throughout connectivity changes.
Select to only automate on 3G or WIFI connections.
DNS list updates on startup, if internet connectivity is available.
Note that some Internet Service Providers restrict access to certain resources via DNS requests. If unable to access said resources, please try turning off automation and reconnecting to 3G first.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Internet access permission is required to download the latest list of DNS providers for quick selection via the dropdown list.
* unlocks the "non-root" version of the app
* unlocks control widgets - so you can view and change your DNS from the home screen
* enables password locking of the settings.
Please download the standard SetDNS app and check that it works on your phone first!
From the Set DNS description:
Preserves your custom nameserver information when using wireless and 3g/edge mobile connection.
Comes with google, opendns, fooldns settings, enter custom DNS servers and option to revert back to DHCP.
You don't need to back up your nameserver details - just reverting back to DHCP will go back to your normal network settings.
Now also contains OpenDNS Family Shield settings.
Please note, entering the wrong nameserver details can break your internet settings.
Also, some mobile operators run web access via a proxy server, in which case the nameservers on the phone can be less relevant.
* No Ads.
Net Ping measures the time for ICMP Echo data packets to be acknowledged from a network host computer by host name or IP address.
Works well with IPv4. IPv6 pinging will not work on most Android devices due to underlying limitations beyond the control of this app. For technical details, see our developer website.
You can adjust packet count, ttl, interval, and packet size parameters for the ping. You can also turn on the continuous ping mode, which keeps pinging until you manually stop it.
Net Ping pauses whenever it is no longer the active app--going to the home screen or switching to another app will stop Net Ping from sending more ping request packets. When you return to Net Ping, it will resume automatically.
Summary ping information is displayed:
* The IP address of the host name as reported by DNS.
* The round-trip response time for the ping packets.
* Indication if any packets are lost.
* Indication as to why packets were lost.
* Minimum response time.
* Maximum response time.
* Average response time.
* Standard Deviation of responses.
To get the statistics output, turn it on in settings.
If you have pinged more than one host, the most recent hosts will appear in a list when you touch or click the host entry field at the top of the screen.
You can dismiss the history list by tapping one of the entries or by pressing the hardware back button.
You can clear individual entries using a long press on a history item. Go to the settings to clear the entire list at once.
Tools Summary :
- Run a full DNS Check for a domain.
- Check if a mail server is blacklisted. (checks over 50 known blacklists)
- Check if a mail server accepts a specified email address.
- View the WHOIS of a domain.
- Ping a hostname or IP.
Reverse DNS Lookup
- Lookup the reverse DNS record of a IP.
* Ping is a network tool (command) used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an IP network.
Ping statistics: number total of packets transmitted, packets received, percentage of lost packets and total time.
Tags: ping total, host, ip, hostname, domain, traceroute, dns, server, hosting
** For Rooted Devices Only **
DNS Changer Root provides a quick easy interface for changing the DNS servers and search domains on your android phone or tablet. Choose from several available public servers such as OpenDNS or specify your own.
Now can automatically switch and apply settings for Wifi connections are detected.
RUN IN BACKGROUND: You can leave Ping run and switch to other apps, e.g. another network diagnostic tool (for example to see WiFi signal strength). Meanwhile you can hear the PingMeter sound effects to always knows what is happening.
Use case: you can check and test the WiFi coverage on a big room without staring at the screen. Every lost packet will be immediately identified by sound. NO MORE NEED TO CHECK icmp_seq NUMBER ONE BY ONE!
While ping is running you can see the PING WEATHER on the top right. It suggests you the number of packets lost. e.g. a clear sun indicates 0 packets lost, storm indicates no good network connection.
Tested on HTC Desire 2.2 (no root), Nexus S stock, CM7, CM9.
NOTE: PingMeter depends on ping command on your phone, this must be executable to allow PingMeter to run. Usually there is no problem, no user action is required, but some vendor (or Android release) could disable ping to normal user (non-root). This is not due to PingMeter and it can\'t resolve the limitation, sorry.
Don't like the ads? Buy the Ad Free version!
Please send me an e-mail if you experience any problems!
1.14: Add support for CNAME and SOA records
- Choose number of times to ping or set continuous mode (keep pinging until stopped)
- A unique ping flood mode which provides a rapid visual display of packets sent and received and shows how quickly the host or server is responding
- Set interval between ICMP ping requests (as low as 0 seconds)
- Control the size of ICMP packets to send
- Set Time To Live (TTL) to control the number of hops the packet can go through
- Set timeout
- Options to disable to fragmentation of packets and allow pinging broadcast IP addresses
- Save and load hosts and IP addresses
- Email ping results
Ping Free supports both 3G and Wifi connections. Currently, only IPv4 is supported as IPv6 is not widely available on Android phones yet.
- Pinger can work in two modes: manual and by schedule;
- Notifies user when host is not available
- Allows save one or more host name or IP addresses
- Detail ping statistic for each host
- Allows ping all saved hosts by one click
If you do not know what this is you probably do not have it and this will do nothing for you.
Simple app which allows you to change your device's hostname to your custom defined hostname. This setting will remain after rebooting. The device hostname is changed and the network services are toggled so the device updates the DHCP and DNS servers with the new hostname. Once completed you should be able to ping your device at the user defined hostname. For instance, checking a default android device's hostname from DNS would show "android-abcdefghijklmnop" or some long unrecognizable name. Changing the hostname will update DHCP and DNS so that your device will appear as "your-defined-name".
*** REQUIRES ROOT ***
Sorry but this is due to Google making the hostname setting a secure setting. I have no control over this.
WRITE_SETTINGS: Required to change the hostname and toggle airplane mode.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Determine if we need to toggle the WIFI once the hostname is changed.
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Toggle the WIFI if needed.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Retain hostname change across reboot.
Works with all dynamic DNS providers, including no-ip.com, changeip.com, zoneedit.com, joker.com, enom.com, namecheap.com.
For the official dyndns.com app please see my other app.
For more information see website.
More from developer
Version 1.3.x adds a Live Folder for the home screen, integration with the Quick Search box so notes can be searched without opening the application, and better handles editing on small screens.