The Waymo One app makes it easy to get where you’re going in a comfortable, autonomously-driven car operated by the Waymo Driver. The Waymo Driver is designed to prioritize safety and is now taking the stress out of people’s everyday drives and making it safe and easy to get around.
When you’re in Downtown Phoenix and the East Valley in Arizona (including parts of Chandler, Tempe, and Mesa) you can get a fully autonomous ride with Waymo One.
In San Francisco, we offer the Waymo One Trusted Tester program where locals can be part of our autonomous driving research — and the future of mobility.
Built with you in mind:
• Get around safely: The Waymo Driver has driven millions of miles on the road and billions of miles in simulated scenarios, helping you get to your destination safely and comfortably.
• Miles of confidence: The Waymo Driver knows your local roads and shows you what it’s seeing along the way.
• Enjoy your journey: Unwind in the backseat of your clean car. Spend time catching up with a friend, play some music, or simply take a nap. You’ll look forward to every ride.
How the Waymo Driver works:
• Multilayered suite of sensors. Our cameras, lidar, and radar work together so the Waymo Driver can see up to three football fields away in all directions, day and night. Safety is our top priority, so the Waymo Driver is trained and tested to carefully navigate in all driving situations and get you to your destination, stress free.
How do I get a ride with Waymo One?
• If you’re in Downtown Phoenix or the East Valley of Phoenix, download the Waymo One app and enter your destination to request a ride. When your car arrives, it will be fully autonomous.
• We’re also offering the Waymo One Trusted Tester program in San Francisco, a feedback-focused program that includes an Autonomous Specialist to monitor vehicle operations during rides.
• Just hop in the back seat, buckle up, and press the Start Ride button.
• Sit back and enjoy your trip! Watch the passenger screen to see what the Waymo Driver sees as it takes you to your destination. Our Rider Support team is always available to help when you need it.