To be able to create your health insurance card in the app, you must:
1. have a permanent place of residence in Denmark
2. have MitID
3. be in health insurance group 1 or 2
The health insurance card app is a voluntary digital supplement to your physical health insurance card and serves as valid documentation of the right to receive health services in Denmark.
This means that you can use your health insurance card app on your mobile phone in locations where you would usually use your physical health insurance card.
Using the health insurance card app on your mobile phone comes with a number of benefits:
• You can automatically see your children's health insurance cards in the app until the children are 15 years old
• Your information is automatically updated in the app if, for example, you change your address, doctor or get a new last name
• You can reset the health insurance card app via borger.dk if you lose your mobile phone
• You can call your doctor directly by pressing the doctor's phone number in the app
The health insurance card app is developed by the Agency for Digital Government in collaboration with the Ministry of the Interior and Health, Danish Regions, and KL – Local Government Denmark. Read more about the app at https://lifeindenmark.borger.dk/healthcare/health-insurance/health-insurance-card-app