Bugjaeger tries to give you the expert tools used by Android developers for better control and deep understanding of your Android device.
Inspecting device internals, running shell scripts, checking logs, making screenshots, inspecting backup files, and many more tasks that are normally done on your laptop can now be performed directly between 2 mobile devices.
This app works as sort of Android to Android ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
You connect your target device through USB OTG cable or through wifi and you'll be able to play around with the device.
Bugjaeger allows you to control devices that support the ADB protocol. That means that besides Android phones and tablets, you should also be able to control your Android TV, Wear OS watch, or even Raspberry Pi with Android Things OS.
If you are an Android developer or enthusiast that is interested in the technical side of Android Devices, this app might be suitable for you.
If you want to issue ADB commands from the app to the same device the app is running on, you need to first make adbd listen on port 5555 (adb tcpip 5555).
This tool offers some features similar to ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and Android Device Monitor, but instead of running on your development machine, it runs directly on your Android phone.Main features include
- running custom shell scripts directly on target device
- remote interactive shell
- reading, filtering, and exporting device logs (logcat)
- creating and restoring backups, inspecting and extracting content of backup files
- capturing screenshots
- performing various commands for controlling your device (rebooting, going to bootloader, rotating screen, killing running apps, ...)
- uninstalling and installing packages, checking various details about installed apps
- copying apps between phones
- monitoring the processes, showing additional information related to processes, killing processes
- showing various details about Android version(e.g., SDK version, Android ID,..), Linux kernel, cpu, abi, display
- showing battery details (like e.g., temperature, health, technology, voltage,..)
- file management - pushing and pulling files from device, browsing the file system
- search and connection to Android devices on your network that configured adbd to listen on port 5555
- reading bootloader variables & info through fastboot protocol (you can for example dump some hw info, security state, or if the device was tampered)
For some tricks and examples
of what you can do, see >https://www.sisik.eu/blog/tag:bugjaeger
For starting a youtube video or url
in browser, add following custom command (or paste this into shell) in the first tab
am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKdFlf4Y7E" If you liked this app, check out the ad-free Bugjaeger Premium version which also contains additional featureshttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.sisik.hackendebug.fullRequirements
- If you want to connect the target device through USB cable, your phone has to support USB host
- The target phone must enable USB debugging in Developer options and authorise the development device
- For fastboot functionality to work, the connected devices bootloader has to support fastboot protocol (also note that the amount and type of information that can be displayed via fastboot will vary between different devices and on some devices the 'fastboot oem' command for getting info might not work)Please note
This app uses the normal way of communicating with Android devices which requires authorisation.
The app does not bypass Android's security mechanisms or anything similar!
This also means the app won't be able to perform some privileged tasks on non-rooted devices (e.g. removing system apps).