Safe to Play app is essentially an electronic book with smart tools about the safety in playgrounds and recreational sports areas. The information from standards and technical reports is presented with high quality visualizations and includes changes of requirements in past years plus reliable risk assessment from top experts of the field.
All information in the book is in English, German, Chinese and Finnish.
Translations to Swedish, Russian and Latvian are in process.
Translations to other languages are planned: French, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Make quick bookmarks as you study.
- Write notes linked to any paragraph.
- Make searches with any combination of words.
- Notes and bookmarks are synchronized between your devices.
- Feedback opportunity directly to the author.
- Automatic updates whenever requirements change or new official interpretations arise!
Normative references for the information:
- EN 1176:2018 Playground equipment and surfacing; all parts.
- EN 1177:2018 Impact attenuating playground surfacing.
- EN 15312:2010 Free access multi-sports equipment.
- EN 14974:2018 Skateparks.
- EN 16630:2015 Permanently installed outdoor fitness equipment.
- EN 16899:2016 Sports and recreational equipment — Parkour
- EN 12572-2:2017 Artificial climbing structures.
- EN 16579:2018 Playing field equipment — Portable and
- TR 16467:2013 Playground equipment accessible for all
- TR 16879:2016 Siting of Playground and other recreational
- TR 17207:2018 Framework for the competence of
Content of the book application:
- Value of play and recreational sports areas
- Backgrounds of the requirements
2. Safety management
- Maintenance and inspection plans
- Construction projects
3. Technical production
- Materials and connections
- Structural integrity
- Impact attentuation
4. Safety of equipment
- General safety requirements
- Safety of components
- Safety of playground equipment
- Safety of recreational sports equipment
5. Safety of layouts
- Age range and capacity
- Different types of areas
- Impact areas
- Ancillary items
- Environmental conditions
6. Inspections & maintenance
- Working as an inspector
- Other safety related tasks
7. Risk assessment
- Why risk assessment is needed
- Anthropometric measurements
- Risk assessment methods