This is a comprehensive resource for travel doctors and individual travellers to consult before, during, and after travel. Its full-color interior includes easy-to-read disease risk maps, information on where to find health care abroad, itineraries and health risks from select destinations (particularly popular with the lay audience), advice for those traveling with infants and children, and a comprehensive catalog of every infectious agent lurking in international territories. In short, the Yellow Book represents the best, U.S. government-sanctioned health advice for international travel.
- The definitive resource for healthcare providers and individuals seeking consultation in advance of international travel
- The only publication containing the US government's latest advice on travel abroad
- Accessible content conveyed in easy-to-understand format, including maps
Every facet of the previous edition has been revisited and revised where necessary, including country-by-country immunization suggestions and new drug information. For the avid or first-time international traveller, this book is a both a prophylaxis and a safety net, providing readers everything they need to know to prevent (and address) illness abroad.
Readership: Physicians in any discipline, particularly travel medicine, primary care, and internal medicine; travel enthusiasts; government aid agencies; multinational corporations and their employees; state departments and embassies; pharmacies.
Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Editor-in-chief Gary W. Brunette
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks series.
MedHand applications improve your performance with relevant, valid material that is accessed quickly at the point of care!
Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such as McGraw-Hill, RPS, PDR Network LLC, Wiley-Blackwell and more.
iVaccine is the first child vaccine reminder application of its kind, designed to ensure you don't forget or lose track of your child's shots, iVaccine uses your regions immunization schedule to automatically send out reminders for any upcoming vaccination!
Get iVaccine Pre https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iVaccinePre to add custom regions and vaccines to your child immunization schedule!
❋ WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) & CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) COMPLIANT IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULES FOR ALMOST 25 COUNTRIES
❋ BABY VACCINE TRACKER
❋ AUTOMATIC REMINDERS (SENT OUT ACCORDING TO YOUR REGIONS IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE, LETTING YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD'S UPCOMING VACCINE IS ALMOST DUE)
❋ CUSTOM REMINDERS
❋ VACCINE DESCRIPTIONS
❋ KNOWLEDGE BASE WITH VACCINE SIDE EFFECTS AND CDC RECOMMENDED VACCINATION AGE
❋ QUICK VIEW SUMMARY REPORT OF YOUR CHILD'S COMPLETED AND UPCOMING VACCINES
All you need to do is select your region and add your baby’s name and date of birth to begin tracking and receiving notifications!
Legal disclaimer: The content on this application is presented for informational purposes only. Never disregard professional medical advice from your child's pediatrician or health care provider or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this application. This application offers vaccine information for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of this application to provide specific medical recommendation or professional advice. You should always consult with your child's pediatrician or health care provider before making any decisions regarding your child's immunization. You should not use this information to self-schedule vaccines for your child. Always use your child's pediatricians recommended schedule and use this application as an aid in remembering when you need to take your child in for a shot. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen or read in this application. This application provides the information content on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. No warranty is expressed or implied that this application is a comprehensive source of information on any topic of health or otherwise. In no event shall the creator of this application be liable in any manner for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this application, or any errors or omissions in the information on this application. The creator of this application reserves the right at any time and from time to time to add, change, modify, update, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this application (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The creator of this application shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any addition, modification, suspension or discontinuation of this application.
In a continued effort to provide the public with information about the science, safety and importance of vaccines, The Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (VEC) created Vaccines on the Go: What You Should Know so busy parents can access the information wherever and whenever they need it.
Vaccines on the Go: What You Should Know contains information about:
- Vaccines and the diseases they prevent
- Vaccine safety topics, including autism, thimerosal and too many vaccines
- Types of vaccines and how they are made
- Recommended immunization schedules for children, teens and adults
Additional features include:
- Graphics depicting disease characteristics, such as levels of contagiousness and typical disease timelines
- Links to videos about vaccines
- Vaccine-related games, like hangman and matching
- Opportunities to record questions for the next doctor's visit or email the Vaccine Education Center for answers to vaccine questions
- Links to other online VEC resources, like booklets and Q&A sheets
- Easy to use and understand.
- Light on resources.
- Free and without adds.
- In accordance with the latest schedule.
Only for the residents of INDIA or the countries which follow the same schedule.
Feedback will be appreciated.
It contains recommendations intended to help health-care providers determine the safe use of contraceptive methods among women with various characteristics, habits and medical conditions.
Providers can select conditions according to the patient, and the App assigns automatically a category for each method. Generally speaking and with medical criteria, categories 1 and 2 permit the use of a treatment in any case or with some considerations and categories 3 and 4 advise against or forbid its usage. For more information consult this App or its documentation.
The recommendations refer to contraceptive methods being used for contraceptive purposes; the recommendations do not consider the use of contraceptive methods for treatment of medical conditions because the eligibility criteria in these cases may differ.
The recommendations and all information contained in this App, are based on the document "Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, Fourth edition 2009" published by WHO ("World Health Organization"). Adaptations and modifications to update its contents has been made following the conferences of the "Sociedad Española de Contracepción" (Spanish Society for Contraception) and the CDC document "U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2010".
- Create custom immunization schedules.
- Add/Remove Vaccines (Bulk Add And Bulk Delete Vaccines).
- Select vaccines from our database of baby vaccines.
- Search Immunization Schedules.
Immunization schedules can be customized by selecting vaccines from our list of available baby vaccines or by adding your own for your baby, toddler or teen.
Never be late for scheduled immunizations !
- CDC Compliant Immunization Schedules For 25 Countries
- Manage Multiple Baby Profiles
- Automatic Reminders (Sent Out According To Your Regions Immunization Schedule)
- Create Your Own Immunization Schedule Or Customize Your Regions Schedule
- Set Custom Reminders For Custom Vaccines
- Add/Remove Vaccines (Bulk Add And Bulk Delete Vaccines)
- Search Immunization Schedule
- Vaccine Descriptions With Side Effects And CDC Recommended Vaccination Age
- Quick View Summary Report Of Your Child's Completed And Upcoming Vaccines
Legal disclaimer: The content on this application is presented for informational purposes only. Never disregard professional medical advice from your child's paediatrician or health care provider or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this application. This application offers vaccine information for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of this application to provide specific medical recommendation or professional advice. You should always consult with your child's paediatrician or health care provider before making any decisions regarding your child's immunization. You should not use this information to self-schedule vaccines for your child. Always use your child's paediatricians recommended schedule and use this application as an aid in remembering when you need to take your child in for a shot. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen or read in this application. This application provides the information content on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. No warranty is expressed or implied that this application is a comprehensive source of information on any topic of health or otherwise. In no event shall the creator of this application be liable in any manner for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this application, or any errors or omissions in the information on this application. The creator of this application reserves the right at any time and from time to time to add, change, modify, update, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this application (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The creator of this application shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any addition, modification, suspension or discontinuation of this application.
If you can't find your child's schedule in the app, please drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the vaccination schedule you're following or a picture of your vaccination card attached. I'll try to implement it as soon as possible.
App was previously called 'Cubs', it was renamed to 'Kids' to avoid confusion.
Translators - http://www.getlocalization.com/Kids/
-Maintain multiple baby profiles
-Generate schedule based on birth date
-Set reminders for all the future due dates in google calendar
-Mark & save individual vaccine status
-Locate nearest hospitals in google maps
-All information in one screen with collapsible headers
-Detailed information of the vaccination made available with one touch
Dedicated to all wonderful moms of the world - by one among you
*The content provided in the app is purely informational. Please contact your doctor for any detailed information.
•Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (HHS/ASPR)
•National Library of Medicine (NLM)
•National Cancer Institute (NCI)
•Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
•Guidance for health care providers, primarily physicians, about clinical diagnosis and treatment of radiation injury during radiological and nuclear emergencies
•Just-in-time, evidence-based, usable information with sufficient background and context to make complex issues understandable to those without formal radiation medicine expertise
•Web-based information that is also downloadable in advance, so that it would be available during an event if the internet is not accessible
Mobile REMM has key selected pages from REMM online, including:
•Patient management algorithms for radiation exposure, contamination, and more...
•Dose estimator for radiation exposure
•Adult and pediatric triage
•Isotopes of interest
How it works:
-Add your baby, by adding his name, gender, and birthday.
- We will provide a list of all the vaccinations that your baby should do with the recommended dates based on his birthday.
-You can check all the vaccinations that your baby did.
-You can set reminder for each one fo your baby 's vaccination at it’s recommended date.
*** IF YOU WANT YOUR COUNTRY TO BE SUPPORTED, INSTALL IT AND SEND US A MESSAGE THROUGH THE GOOGLE PLAY APP REVIEW ASKING US FOR IT. We will be glad to do it***
- You can consult the vaccines by age
- Gives you the details of the vaccine (name, dose, illness that prevents and its description)
- United States of America
We will add more countries in future releases
The ACE mobile app gives family planning providers an easy and effective way to check whether clients are medically eligible to start using certain contraceptive methods. Based on the popular and trusted Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (2011 edition), ACE reflects the latest family planning guidance from the World Health Organization’s Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. The Global Handbook is published by the World Health Organization and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health ∙ Center for Communication Programs with support from the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Health workers can use ACE in two ways:
-If a client already has a contraceptive method in mind, the health worker can use ACE to check whether the patient is medically eligible to use the preferred method.
-If the client does not have a method in mind, the health worker can use ACE to find methods for which the client is eligible based on medical history.
Health workers can also use ACE to review key characteristics of 20 contraceptive methods, including information about effectiveness, side effects, health benefits, health risks, and how each method works. Contraceptive methods covered include oral contraceptive pills, injectable contraceptives, the patch, the ring, implants, intrauterine devices, male and female sterilization, condoms, and more.
4 gute Gründe für die myImpf-Uhr
Gut informiert entscheiden
Wer seinen Impfschutz kennt, kann beim Arzt gezielt nachfragen und sich rundum schützen.
Alle Informationen orientieren sich an den aktuellen Empfehlungen der Ständigen Impfkommission am Robert Koch-Institut (RKI).
Vertrauenswürdig & fundiert
Die Impf-Uhr befolgt den HealthOnApp Ehrenkodex für vertrauensvolle Gesundheitsinformationen in Apps, erfüllt alle sieben Qualitäts- und Transparenzkritieren.
Impfdaten werden verschlüsselt auf deutschen Server abgespeichert. Passwort-geschützter Zugriff auch bei Diebstahl oder Verlust des Smartphones.
Für wen empfiehlt sich die Impf-Uhr?
• Für jeden Gesundheitsinteressierten, der sich vor dem Arztbesuch informieren will, auf welche Impfangebote er in seinem Lebensalter Anspruch hat, welche Impfungen er auffrischen bzw. vervollständigen kann.
• Für Mütter und Väter, die den Impfschutz der ganzen Familie prüfen und verwalten wollen.
• Für alle Erzieher, Lehrer, Mitarbeiter des Öffentlichen Gesundheitsdienstes, die in der Gesundheitserziehung tätig sind und sich für Impfaufklärung von Kindern und Jugendlichen einsetzen.
• Für alle medizinischen Fachangestellten und Ärzte, die ihre Patienten für Impfschutz sensibilisieren wollen und die Impf-Uhr z. B. auf dem Tablet-PC im Wartezimmer zur Impfaufklärung ihrer Patienten bereitstellen.
• Für alle Studenten und Auszubildenden, die die Impf-Uhr als praktische Lernhilfe zur Abfrage ihres Impfwissens nutzen wollen.
Bei Anregungen & Kritik E-Mail bitte direkt an: email@example.com
Wir freuen uns auf Euer Feedback. Vielen Dank.
This app should prove invaluable to all general practitioners, physicians, junior doctors, nurses, pharmacists, other medical staff and healthcare professionals working within primary care. It contains up-to-date antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal and other antimicrobial management guidelines for the infections commonly encountered in adults and children.
GP Antibiotics includes guidance for central nervous system, dental, genital tract, gastro-intestinal, HIV, immunocompromised, lower respiratory tract, skin/ soft tissue, tropical, upper respiratory tract and urinary tract infections in adults and children. Doses, frequencies, durations of treatment, first-line, second-line and penicillin allergic options are included.
Our aim is to improve the provision of healthcare. Our app collects anonymous usage data to help us improve the guidelines and the app. We are also interested on the global usage of antibiotics and the relationship with antibiotic resistance. If you do not want the app to collect anonymous usage data, this can be easily disabled within the app's preferences.
GP Antibiotics is an official collaboration between:
- Dr Andrew Seaton, infectious diseases consultant at the NHS Glasgow Brownlee Centre for Infectious and Communicable Diseases and the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde prescribing team
- Dr Samuel Leighton, a foundation junior doctor with an interest in app development, and Mr Michael Park, professional software developer both at the independent Scottish medical app developers Polwarth Medical Ltd.
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• During-travel features available offline (no data connection needed)
• Fully customizable to do list and packing list
• Emergency services phone numbers for every destination
• Easy to use and fun
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Access recommendations offline (no data connection needed)
• Easy to use and fun
The CDC mobile tablet application puts health information at your fingertips. It features important health articles, Disease of the Week, current outbreaks, popular journals, timely updates, and access to social media. Wherever you go, you’ll have 24/7 access to important and timely health information that you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
Check out these features:
• Timely news articles to help you improve your health.
• Each week there is a new “Disease of the Week” topic that includes: key facts, prevention tips, images, videos, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.
• Recent articles from CDC’s Vital Signs.
• Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC.
• Journal articles from CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal and Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal.
• Reports from CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Report.
• Press releases from CDC’s newsroom.
• Access to CDC’s director videos, podcasts, blogs, social media and more CDC apps.
• A multitude of images from CDC’s Public Health Image library.
• “Did You Know” features to inform your prevention activities.
• New Information & Guidance Section which currently features Ebola.
• When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information.
• View and share content via CDC’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
Optimized for tablet.
For more information, please visit:
Epi Info™ is a public domain suite of software tools designed for the global community of public health practitioners and researchers. The Companion for Android brings many of Epi Info's features onto the Android mobile platform. Epidemiologists can calculate sample sizes, collect data, and perform analysis using their smartphones or inexpensive tablets to investigate outbreaks, respond to emergencies, or conduct public health research in locations lacking IT infrastructure.
Limitation of Liability.
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area
Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the quicker you’ll climb the ranks to become a decorated Disease Detective. In level 1, you’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Unlock Level 2 by mastering all 12 outbreaks. Then earn honors by solving new and more challenging scenarios. Earn recognitions like Surveillance Honors and Treatment Honors.
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
In this app, you'll also:
・ Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
・ See how CDC's Disease Detectives save lives around the world.
・ Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to play!
-Only available on 7" tablets or larger
-Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.