Our FREE App Makes It Simple To Grow Food!
- Grow 70+ Vegetables, Herbs, and Fruits
- Plant Seeds at the Right Time with Customized Dates Based on Your Location
- Avoid Pests & Diseases with Proven Companion Planting Strategies & Other Organic Growing Methods
- Build & Intelligently Plan Your Garden Space
- Identify & Eliminate Garden Pests with Natural Methods
- Attract & Encourage Beneficial Garden Insects Like Ladybugs & Butterflies
- Learn How We Grow Food For Our Family of 6 Through Videos and Blog Posts Right From Our Garden
We're Dale and Carrie Spoonemore, the creators of “From Seed to Spoon.” After transforming our lawn into a food farm, we have learned quite a bit about growing a sustainable food garden in our urban Oklahoman backyard. Now we’re here to help you along your own gardening journey by showing you what we learned!
We decided in spring of 2015 that we wanted to try growing most of the vegetables our family of six would eat. We started with a typical Oklahoma Bermuda grass lawn, and over the course of two years, we converted it into an urban backyard food farm. We spent nearly all of my free time over the course of those two years reading books, attending classes, and watching YouTube videos to learn all I could about gardening and growing food, and now our FREE mobile app combines everything we've learned into one easy to use app!
We remember how lost and overwhelmed we felt when we first started, and now we want to share what we’ve learned in hopes of helping others grow food for themselves as well! Growing your own food doesn't have to be difficult and we're here to help you grow food efficiently, economically, and sustainably!