App available in English and Italian.
The choice of the language can be done from the first screen at the app launch (onboarding), or at any time, at the bottom of the page accessible by clicking on the hamburger button ≡.
Take care of your eyes by using Okulox and return to a correct natural vision thanks to the Bates method.
Create programs with exercises that you prefer and activate weekly reminders.
A voice will guide you in all the exercises. You will also find images and useful suggestions.
The method developed by Dr Bates aims at an education of the sight habits through mental relaxation and awareness.
It is a holistic method, which is not based on "eye gymnastics”, but more on unblocking the strain that caused visual issues (short-sightedness, far-sightedness, hypermetropia …).
It can be considered as a kind of yoga for the eyes, meaning by that, a more holistic approach to mental relaxation.
It is a great way to take care of our eyes.
Okulox contains exercises in order to support:
- natural and continuous movement of the eyes;
- relaxation of mind and ocular muscles;
- the sharpness of the visual field,
- the development of peripheral vision,
- visual memory,
- stimulation of retinal photoreceptors.
The app allows you to create programs that can be completely customized, and to activate daily and weekly reminders.
In order to reduce the eye strain, you can use the vocal synthesis of Okulox. In addition to this, there are static and animated drawings for a better understanding of the execution of an exercise.
Various tips for eye care are also highlighted.
Okulox contains the following exercises:
- Palming: induces deep relaxation, relieves visual strain and regenerates the purple of the retina;
- Sunning: stimulates retinal photoreceptors in order to respond to changes in light intensity, by increasing pupil flexibility and it regulates tear glands;
- Long swinging: it helps the eye to spontaneously perform the small and infinite involuntary vibrations that are needed to improve the vision;
- Fine prints: improves the sharpness of the sight in the centre of the visual field;
- Edging: helps in getting the eye movements quite smoother;
- Flash & memory: improves the mind-eye connection and keeps you present;
- Eye movements: allows you to regain the natural and continuous movement of the eyes and to release eye strain;
- Eyes / face massage: relaxes and improves the blood circulation in the eye area;
- Blinking: hydrates the eyes and releases mental strain;
- Apparent movement: stimulates the attention to the periphery of the visual field.
Upon installation please confirm and authorize the sending of notifications to allow Okulox to send you the scheduled reminders.
If you have vision disorders or if you have undergone eye surgery, contact your doctor before doing these exercises.
This app is not intended to replace medical advice from a specialist.