* King James Version Bible
* John Calvin commentary
KING JAMES VERSION
We offer the most influential English Bible of all time: King James Version.
The King James Bible was published in 1611 with the approval and patronage of the King James I of England and it was considered for many centuries “The English Bible”, the most accurate and most sacred Bible.
All its reputation is deserved: the language and syntax of the KJV are majestic and give authority and originality. It had a great influence on the English literature and music.
Dig into John Calvin’s commentaries for a better understanding of the Scriptures.
John Calvin (1509-1564) was a French reformer, theologian and writer who produced many sermons, theological treatises and biblical commentaries.
He wrote verse-by-verse commentaries on the majority of the books of the Old and the New Testament of the Bible.
His commentaries are a treasure trove for the pastor as well as the lay believer. They are printed still today after over 400 years and they are considered incomparable in the interpretation of the Scriptures.
CROSS-REFERENCES AND SUB-HEADINGS
Excellent Bible for study, with cross-references.
Cross-references are an essential tool that the reader can use to study the Bible. Many verses have cross-references that compare verses with similar topics. You can easily navigate from one to another.
A good set of cross-references can help you to understand the meaning of some difficult passages of the Bible.
Sub-headings are helpful to know the content of the chapters as well as an indispensable tool for readers in their search for particular passages of the Holy Bible.
- Free /Compatible with Android Phones and Tablets
- User-friendly interface and nice design
- Offline: you can absolutely use it without Wi-Fi service
- Copy, send and share verses
- Bookmark your favorite verses
- Create and organize a favorites list
- Add your own notes
- Ability to increase/decrease the font
- Switch into night mode to a high-quality reading
- Go back to the last verse read
- Keyword research
- Receive inspirational verses on your phone
Main divisions of the Bible:
- The Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.
- Historical Books: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First Samuel, Second Samuel, First Kings, Second Kings, First Chronicles, Second Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther.
- Books of Wisdom (or Poetry): Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon.
- Books of the Prophets:
Major Prophets: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel.
Minor Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
- The Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.
- History: Acts
- Pauline Epistles: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon.
- General Epistles: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude.
- Apocalyptic writings: Revelation.