◆Features of Yahoo! Maps◆
・Map design so you won't get lost: Easy-to-read text and icons allow you to quickly find the information you want.
・Easy-to-understand navigation: Uses turn-by-turn navigation when traveling by car, bicycle, or on foot. You can reach your destination without hesitation.
・Theme map: Dedicated map according to the purpose, such as "Ramen map", "EV charging spot map", etc.
・Crowd forecast: You can see crowded places with the congestion radar. You can also see how crowded the area around the facility is and the trains are.
■Map design perfect for walking around town, so you won't get lost
- Text and icons are clear and large, and roads and buildings are expressed simply. You can see the information you want at a glance.
- Full of information you need when actually walking, such as facilities with prominent signboards and subway entrance/exit numbers.
・Indoor map showing details of major stations and underground malls. You can move around with confidence using the floor-by-floor map.
■ "Route search" that lets you know the route and time required to reach your destination
・When searching for a route, you can choose from five modes of transportation: car, foot, public transportation, bicycle, and flight.
・You can choose from three types of car routes: ``Recommended'', ``Highway priority'', and ``General priority''.
・Public transportation routes can be selected from ``earliest'', ``cheapest'', and ``least number of transfers''.
・You can see the running position and delay time of trains and buses in real time.
- You can superimpose a rain cloud radar on your walking or cycling route to check the state of rain clouds up to 6 hours in advance.
・You can purchase tickets from public transportation and flight search results.
■Simple and easy-to-understand "navigation"
・Turn-by-turn navigation guides you through car, walking, and bicycle routes.
- The route line drawn on the map, the guidance panel at the top of the screen such as "Turn right at ◯◯", "Turn right at ◯m", etc., and the direction of travel are clearly guided to the destination by voice.
- Even if you deviate from the road, the auto reroute function will automatically search for a new road again, so you can proceed with confidence.
・The car navigation system searches for routes that take into account traffic jams and road closures, and provides illustrations of entrances and exits, junctions, and major intersections in ordinance-designated cities.
- Connect to display audio compatible with Android Auto to smoothly guide you to your destination with route guidance on a large screen.
■ "Theme map" that displays only information according to the purpose
・"Ramen Map" allows you to search for the best ramen noodles from ramen restaurants across the country.
・The "EV charging spot map" provides information such as fees and charging types of facilities where electric vehicles (EVs) can be charged.
・In addition, you can find information on nature and events unique to each season on dedicated maps for each season.
■ “Genre search” where you can find stores you can go to right away
・Tap each category such as food, shopping, facilities, etc. to see nearby shops on a map or in a list of photos.
- Display store name, number of reviews, etc. as pins on the map. You can easily search for the store you are interested in by location.
- On the details screen, you can check more detailed information such as the store's address, phone number, business hours, coupons and reviews.
■Register the information you want to see later in the "Registered Spot"
・You can save the shops and facilities you are interested in as "Registered Spots". (*1)
・Facilities registered as "registered spots" are displayed as icons on the map.
・You can write your own information using the memo function.
- Information saved on your computer can also be viewed in the app.
■ "Rain cloud radar" allows you to see the movement of rain clouds up to 6 hours in advance
- Equipped with a rain cloud radar that supports "high-resolution precipitation nowcast" and displays the movement of rain clouds across the country in high definition. You can see the movement of rain clouds and precipitation up to 6 hours ahead. (*1)
■ You can check the safety of your neighborhood with the "Crime Prevention Map"
- Information related to crime prevention is displayed on the map using 9 types of icons. Tap the icon to see detailed information. (*2, *3)
・When new information is added at home or around your current location, you will receive a push notification. It also helps avoid familiar dangers.
■You can check your current location within the premises of Shinjuku Station etc.
・You can find out your exact current location within the premises of Shinjuku Station, Shibuya Station, Tokyo Station, Osaka Station and "LaLaport TOKYO-BAY". (※Four)
・You can check your current location from outside the ticket gate. When using it, please turn on the Bluetooth setting on your device.
■ You can check the congestion level in the area and around the terminal station with the "Congestion Radar"
・You can check the congestion status from as early as 20 minutes to 24 hours and 20 minutes ago. Tap the play button to play the congestion situation as an animation.
■ Know when the area near the facility is likely to be crowded
・Displays the degree of congestion by day of the week and time in a graph.
・You can see how crowded it is now compared to usual.
・We are gradually expanding the number of eligible facilities, including retail stores and large facilities. Please use this as a reference for actions to avoid crowds.
■Understand how crowded the train is
・Displays the icon of the most congested station section on the route in the route search result list.
・On the search results details screen, the degree of congestion will be displayed for each station section.
*Displays 114 routes, mainly in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka.
■ “Disaster prevention mode” to prepare for disasters
・Safe even in case of communication failure. You can use offline maps of your home or work area. (Advance download required)
- Equipped with a hazard map function that allows you to check information on landslides, floods, tsunamis, and ground hardness on a map.
■Other useful functions
・Display famous landmarks with illustrations.
- Search for "PayPay" to display stores that accept PayPay payments.
- Frequently updated "aerial photographs" taken from satellites.
・"Route map" color-coded by JR, private railway, and subway route colors.
・An "address" map that shows town names, boundaries, street numbers, and building names.
- "Traffic situation" map that shows real-time road congestion.
・Detailed map showing one-way streets.
・Japanese world map.
-Displays coin parking availability information in real time.
・Current location displayed using satellite positioning system (GPS).
- "Tab function" that allows you to keep multiple screens open at the same time
*1: You must log in with your Yahoo! JAPAN ID to use it.
*2: The icon indicates the approximate location and does not pinpoint the location of the occurrence.
*3: Information source: Japan Suspicious Person Information Center (Information registered after February 19, 2018 is posted)
*4: Implements indoor positioning function using geomagnetism provided by IndoorAtlas.
≪Notes on use≫
■About current location information
■About indoor current location information
Android8.0 or higher
*It may not work properly with some models.
・Special terms regarding usage environment information (https://location.yahoo.co.jp/mobile-signal/map/terms.html)
・Software guidelines (https://www.lycorp.co.jp/ja/company/terms/#anc2)
Rain cloud radar notification and route guidance functions use GPS when in the background, so they may consume more battery than usual.