On screen buttons often unusable the Android on screen buttons (back,home,tasks,menu) frequently obscure your buttons making your otherwise lovely app unusable
Wow! Now that I have actually used this great app on my Samsung S3, I have signed back in to review and recommend it. I downloaded it today, tinkered with the simple interface setup buttons, chose maps, chose offline, set a couple landmark icons, and logged out. A couple hours later, I tried the app on a small island I had landmarked 47 miles away in a large convoluted lake (Fontana). Having paid for and tried Backcountry Navigator Pro GPS a few weeks ago, I found the AlpineQuest GPS Lite free program to be much easier to use, and to have plenty of power to show location, altitude, real time compass screen orientation, and tracking on real usable maps in the wild completely offline. Nuff said? Get this great free app.
Just internet dependency is a problem, otherwise it's one of the best free apps
Water features just my version?? Could be better contour line's but overall not bad.
Great Hiking Aid I've used this many times in the woods and love it. Even if I don't have phone service I have the compass. It's a great hunting tool.
Good mapping tool Helping everyone who want explore and travel to new place
• Added ability to suggest a new map (at the end of community maps list);
• Added new setting to display slopes in degrees or percents;
• Improved 'Lock screen' feature (un-lock with 'Back' button or 'Volume' long-press);
• Few bug fixes.
• Added ability to import on-board file based maps (AQM and QCT) in a new format for faster display;
• Added ability to save all displayed waypoints in a new landmark file.
Play in the outdoors with Android as your Handheld GPS and offline topo maps!