On screen buttons often unusable the Android on screen buttons (back,home,tasks,menu) frequently obscure your buttons making your otherwise lovely app unusable
Wow! Now that I have actually used this great app on my Samsung S3, I have signed back in to review and recommend it. I downloaded it today, tinkered with the simple interface setup buttons, chose maps, chose offline, set a couple landmark icons, and logged out. A couple hours later, I tried the app on a small island I had landmarked 47 miles away in a large convoluted lake (Fontana). Having paid for and tried Backcountry Navigator Pro GPS a few weeks ago, I found the AlpineQuest GPS Lite free program to be much easier to use, and to have plenty of power to show location, altitude, real time compass screen orientation, and tracking on real usable maps in the wild completely offline. Nuff said? Get this great free app.
Great App Great app, shows real promise, went with a different program, but this is still a really good one.
Just internet dependency is a problem, otherwise it's one of the best free apps
G P S Hiking Strong app , but lite tool for outdoor .
Make a review to use Have to review before I use it lol
• Added ability to suggest a new map (at the end of community maps list);
• Added new setting to display slopes in degrees or percents;
• Improved 'Lock screen' feature (un-lock with 'Back' button or 'Volume' long-press);
• Few bug fixes.
• Added ability to import on-board file based maps (AQM and QCT) in a new format for faster display;
• Added ability to save all displayed waypoints in a new landmark file.
Play in the outdoors with Android as your Handheld GPS and offline topo maps!