UserLAnd allows you to run several Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, and Kali.
- No need to root your device.
- Use a built-in terminal to access your favorite shells.
- Easily connect to VNC sessions for a graphical experience.
- Easy setup for several common Linux distributions, like Ubuntu and Debian.
- Easy setup for several common Linux applications, like Octave and Firefox.
- A way to experiment and learn Linux and other common software tools from the palm of your hand.
UserLAnd was created and is being actively maintained by the folks behind the popular Android
application, GNURoot Debian. It is meant as a replacement for the original GNURoot Debian app.
When UserLAnd first launches, it presents a list of common distributions and Linux applications.
Clicking one of these then leads to a series of set-up prompts. Once these have been completed,
UserLAnd will download and set up files required to start the task that has been selected. Based on
the set-up, you will then be connected to your Linux distribution or application in a terminal or
VNC viewing Android application.
Want to know more about getting started? View our wiki on Github:
Want to ask questions, give feedback, or report any bugs you've encountered? Reach us on Github:
Want to chat about the app? Join us on Slack:
UserLAnd Technologies, LLC is a London Trust Media Holding Company.