Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
The Times of India app offers everything that an avid news reader is looking for – breaking news, latest headlines, trending stories and in-depth coverage of sports, entertainment, business and technology. From India news to world news, political news to cricket news, technology news to Bollywood news and movie reviews of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional films – get the most relevant coverage of celebrity news. Also available is the vivid photogallery of famous Bollywood celebrities, industrialist, politicians, sports person and events / parties that are the talk of town. Also catch the live coverage of all the breaking news on Times Now Live TV & Times Now Live Audio.
Times of India app is loved by over 10 million users. The app is accessed from more than 225 countries of the world. It is the first choice of NRIs for news about India. One of the unrivalled features of this app is its exhaustive local coverage of more than 45 Indian cities.
Experience The New York Times’s award-winning journalism. Get the latest news, elegantly presented with enhanced imagery, multimedia and streamlined navigation. Stay informed on world news, national news, business, the arts, technology, style, sports, food, travel, opinions and more.
The New York Times app also includes our International Edition with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural content from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
Named Editors’ Choice as one of the top apps on Google Play, The New York Times app connects you to your favorite newspaper anywhere you are, anytime you want to read it. We’re breaking news, world news and national news in your pocket.
Download the NYTimes Android app for FREE today, and subscribe to receive your first 14 days at no cost. All users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
• Breaking news alerts — be the first to know about current events as soon as they occur
• Get the latest news in less time with automatic background refresh
• Save NYT articles to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
• Customize your news experience with home screen widgets
• Share The Times’s articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
• Sit back and have the latest NYT news read to you aloud with text to speech
• Read more comfortably in low-light with “night mode"
• Miss recent world news or national news? Quickly search by topic, name or interest
• Join the conversations — view and write comments on articles, or use speech-to-text to “speak in” comments
• Get a daily photo preview of the day’s top stories in the Android notification area
• Have a Samsung Style Pen (S Pen)? Annotate articles and save your notes for future reference
For unlimited access to our award-winning journalism, subscribe now and get your first 14 days free via Google Play.* Subscriptions are $14.99/month (Smartphone + Web), $19.99/month (Tablet + Web) and $34.99/month (All Digital Access includes tablet and smartphone apps). All subscriptions are auto-renewable.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Enjoy the FT's award-winning global news, video, comment and analysis, with automatic downloads of the most recent edition to read even when you don't have a signal.
- Free to download
- Free registration allows 3 articles per month as well as giving access to your FT.com portfolio
- Subscribers have unlimited access on all FT.com outlets - phone, tablet and desktop
- Premium subscribers also get the Financial Times' incisive Lex column and exclusive newsletters
- Users in India get a specially customised front page
The app is integrated with your FT.com account login and settings. This application allows users to register or subscribe on device securely via FT.com. Once you have signed up, or upgraded your account, please switch back to the app and enjoy your new level of access.
If you have any feedback on our Android app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. With over 500 Android devices in the market we have tested on many but haven’t managed to cover all combinations. If you have issues with your particular handset then we would love to hear from you. Please include details of which Android device you are using, and OS version if you know it.
The all-new FT Android app
We have redesigned the FT Android app from the ground up, with a new, cleaner layout and a host of new features, new content and additional functionality including recommended reads. For the first time it will have videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images optimised for a small screen, plus a clearer design making it easier to navigate. The app is available to download for free from Google Play. For more information visit http://apps.ft.com/home/web-app/.
· Your personalised FT: My FT is a personalised hub where you can keep all the content that interests you in one place – saved articles, recommended reads, recently-read stories and your portfolio summary.
· Stories brought to life, with videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images giving you a richer reading experience.
· Easier to read, with a clean design that gives more room for news and easy swiping from one article to the next.
· Morning edition, on large-screen devices presents content as per that morning’s newspaper – and won’t update throughout the day, giving you a reading experience as close to the paper as possible. Prefer to get updated on the latest news as it comes in throughout the day? Just switch back to the Live Edition.
· Improved navigation makes it easier and faster to find the content that matters most to you. Find what you're looking for in an instant.
· Frequently downloads the latest FT content, allowing seamless offline usage when there's no live connection
· Access full markets data section including market gainers and losers, currencies, commodities and bonds
· View stock performance summaries with detailed business profile information, estimates and targeted news
*App runs on Android 4.0 and above.
FT Weekend now looks even better with our new app edition, giving you a beautifully designed way to enjoy our arts and lifestyle coverage wherever you are at the weekend. Read food and drink reviews, enjoy Lunch with the FT or browse through style pages, all through your smartphone or tablet. From celebrated book commentaries to an intelligent look at global travel, property and culture - there is something to delight and inspire all of our readers.
The Sunday Plus is a free add-on to our existing print subscribers. Now featuring PaperView - read your paper they way you want to, either in AppView or PaperView. PaperView in available for tablet only.
Read news from both the Sunday Times, each Sunday, and The Times, each weekday.
Read the best in:
South African and International News
Local and International Sport
Money & Careers
Travel & Food
Sunday Times Extra
Download the Sunday Times App today and receive daily content updates courtesy of The Times, followed by weekly updates from The Sunday Times itself – available to read however and whenever you please.
** MORE THAN 560 NEWSPAPERS **
** If newspaper scrolling is not smooth then try to disable hardware acceleration in settings **
Left and right sliding menus in the browser for easy and fast access to the newspaper list.
Switch easily between mobile and desktop version of the newspaper site (where available).
Automatic syncing of newspapers will keep newspapers updated and new papers can be added quickly.
This is the free version of the app! There is also an AD-FREE version named UK Newspapers PRO.
* Material Design
* List of UK newspapers
* Automatic syncing of newspapers
* Swiping between favorite and newspaper lists
* Add newspapers
* Drag and drop sorting of favorites
* Automatic cache delete
* Change textsize
* Show newspaper in fullscreen
* Share functionality
* Option to open newspaper in standard browser
* Choose to have keep screen on while reading
Example of Newspapers included:
Accrington Observer, BBC UK, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Burnham and Highbridge, Bury Times, Business Insider, Chorley Guardian, Coventry Telegraph, Craven Herald, Daily Echo, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Post, Daily Record, Daily Star, Derby Telegraph, Digital Spy, East Anglian Daily Times, Eastern Daily Press, Edinburgh Evening News, Evening Chronicle, Evening Gazette, Evening Star, Evening Times, Express & Star, Financial Times, Google News, Herald Scotland, Hereford Times, Huddersfield Daily Examiner, IGN UK, Imedia Connection, InTheNews, Isle of Wight County Press, Kidderminster Shuttle, Lancashire Telegraph, Lincolnshire Echo, Liverpool Echo, London Evening Standard, London Free Press, Manchester Evening, Metro, Middleton Guardian, Milton Keynes Citizen, Mirror, Moneyweek, New Scientist, Newcastle Journal, News Of The World, NewsNow, NorthEast Manchester, Norwich Evening News, Ok Magazine, Oldham Advertiser, Oxford Mail, Prestwich Advertiser, Reuters UK, Rochdale Observer, Rossendale Freepress, Salford Advertiser, Scotsman, Shropshire Star, Sky News, Sky Sport, South Manchester Reporter, South Wales Argus, Stockport Express, Sunday Mail, Sunderland Echo, Surrey Advertiser, Tameside Advertiser, The Bolton News, The Courier, The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, The Falkirk Herald, The Guardian, The Huffington Post UK, The Independent, The Inquirer, The Journal, The Keighley News, The Leicester Mercury, The Northern Echo, The Register, The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, The Times, Wales Online, Warrington Guardian, Watford Observer, Weston Mercury, Whats on TV, Wilmslow Express, Worcester News, Yorkshire Post and more.
Downloaded automatically to your tablet, the e-edition is a digital replica of the printed paper, packed with the news, sport and features that get the North talking.
As well as the exclusives that set the North's news agenda, the Sunday Sun is packed with motors, jobs, property, travel and entertainment content, business and finance platforms and all the sport the North cares about.
Our app is free to download. All new users can take advantage of a FREE one-month trial, after which the subscription is £3.99/month. Subscribers receive every Sunday's edition. You are free to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription at any time, including during the trial period.
- You may cancel your subscription and auto-renewal at any point after purchase, by visiting play.google.com/store/account
- For updated FAQs, visit https://e-editions.tenderapp.com/kb
* Newspaper list can be updated online
* Sort by "A-Z", "User" and "Frequently Read"
* Personalize the order of the newspapers by using up and down arrow or drag and drop.
* Show mobile or desktop version of the newspaper
* Add/Delete newspaper, magazine
* Adjustable font size
* Share the news
* Automatic cache delete
* Open with standard internet browser
* Update slowed it down!
- There are 2 mode of the application: Desktop and Mobile. Desktop version of the newspapers may take longer to load. Check which mode do you use on Settings page.
And of course it may differ based on newspaper's server load time and your network connection speed which we can't control them.
* How do I delete newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then touch the trash icon on the right side of the newspaper that you want to delete.
* How do I unfavorite newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then uncheck the newspaper that you do not want to see on the main page.
* Subscription only. You can see headlines of articles but can't read without subscribing.
- Some newspapers want subscription. We can do nothing for it but you can uncheck or delete the newspaper if you do not want to see on the list.
* Last update took my favorite newspapers from the top of the list.
- Go to settings page and select "Frequently Read". Default sort is A->Z.
* Which news / newspaper sources can I read?
- BBC News, Sky News, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian...
* Any problem...
- Please contact us before any problem.
The Economic Times App :
- Lets you get the latest and popular business news as it happens.
- Offers a full range of News categories: Top Stories,News by Industry,Market News,Personal Finance,Technology,Opinion,Features,Environment and many more.
- Introduces Slideshows ranging across different genres -Auto,Advertising & Marketing,Biz & Entrepreneurship,Corporate & Industry,Consumer & Legal,Economy,Entertainment,Events and many more.
- Gives enhanced Markets Data ranging from Sensex,Nifty,Mutual Fuds,Commodities,Movers,Gainers and Losers.
- Allows home screen widgets to keep you up to date even when the app is closed.
- Provides an all new ET Portfolio enabling you to manage/track your investments in Stock Market on the go.
- Lets you share stories on different social networks, or on email/SMS to a friend.
- Supports breaking News Push Notifications to keep you updated with latest events.
- Has offline reading supported which enables you to sync the stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure.
- Displays a breaking News ticker while surfing the app to keep you updated with latest events on the go.
- Lets you track the stocks in your Watchlist, Market Gainers, Losers, Movers, etc.
- Fast & Clear
- All mobile newspapers
- Also PRO version available = no ads
With papers like: BBC News, CNN, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Financial Times, Google News, Independent, ITN, NewsNow, Reuters, Sky News, The Guardian, The Sun, Norwich Evening News, Heraldscotland, Conventry Telegraph, Eastern Daily Express 24, Manchester Evening News, Daily Post, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Metro, Mirror, The Times, London Evening Standard, Bristol Evening Post, Shropsire Star, Newcastle Eve. Chronicle, Express and Star, Evening Times, Daily Record, STV, Wales Online, Western Telegraph and South Wales Argus.
Enjoy! ***** Please rate 5 if you like! ;-)
- Best news app
- Fast lite web browser.
- Add personal news links.
- Rank newspaper as you like.
- Notification about the latest news
- Tablet and Mobile version of the newspapers
- Share a link
- Control screen brightness as you reading, Long back-press to open Newslist
You can find news from; BBC News, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, The Sun, The Independent, Sky News, Metro, AOL News, The Sunday Times, Google News UK, London Evening Standard, Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Star, Wales Online, The Times, Accrington Observer, Birmingham Mail, Business Insider, Coventry Telegraph, Daily Mirror, Daily Post, Daily Record, Derby Telegraph, Digital Spy, Eastern Daily Press, Evening Gazette, "Express & Star", ITN, Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening, Sky Sport, The Economist, The Register, Yorkshire Post and more news sites online.
####Permissions Requested and Explained
* INTERNET: For accessing the web
* WAKE_LOC : Keep screen on
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: For downloading files from the browser
* READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: For downloading files from the browser
* ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Displays a pop-up asking if a site may use your location when it is enabled
For existing members of The Times and The Sunday Times, this app is complimentary as part of your subscription. Simply log in with your username and password to get started.
NOT YET A MEMBER
How to subscribe: www.thetimes.co.uk/Subscribe. All packs include access to thetimes.co.uk, Android tablet edition and Android mobile app.
See the latest Times & Sunday Times news headline articles and experience our world leading journalism within an easy to navigate smartphone experience
Keep updated on all your Times+ membership offers and experience a selection of the best Times+ Talks right from within the app
PLAY THE PUZZLES
Play all the weekday updated cryptic crossword puzzles
SAVE AND SHARE YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLES
You can save your favourite articles for reading later and share your favourite stories from our Times & Sunday Times columnists from across all sections including headline news reports, UK and global business, finance, world, sport reports, politics and opinion
VIEW PREMIER LEAGUE VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Britain's only quality digital newspaper bringing you all the video highlights from this season's premier league football matches, in addition to our world beating sports journalism.
We value your opinion and feedback as our readers views are central to ongoing development and improvements. You can send feedback to us directly by visiting thetimes.co.uk/livechat
- All content in The Times and Sunday Times is copyright Times Newspapers Ltd 2013. All rights reserved
- Terms and Conditions - http://www.timesplus.co.uk/welcome/tp_terms.htm
- All access to and use of this App is subject to and governed by End User License Agreement, Online Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
We have the exclusive rights to show you all the match events in near-live clips of England international cricket and Aviva Premiership Rugby.
You’re also able to read up to the minute live commentary, expert analysis and opinion about your favourite sports, check the latest scores and results from the sports match centres and see exclusive pictures, tweets and blog posts from our editorial teams, updated throughout the day.
What’s included in the Times Sport app?
• Cricket video highlights including the next Ashes series, England’s home Investec Test Matches, Royal London One Day Internationals, NatWest International T20s and selected domestic cricket matches*
• Finest rugby coverage with video highlights, fixtures, live scores, results and league table from the Aviva Premiership.
• Notifications to receive alerts so you can be the first to see near-live cricket and rugby video clips and read breaking news
• Live match feeds so you can read up to the minute commentary
• Latest football news, fixtures, live scores, results and tables from the Barclays Premier League and the Football League as well as the Scottish Premiership and Championship. It also gives you easy access to our Barclays Premier League video highlights.
You can only enjoy the Times Sport app if you are an existing member of The Times and The Sunday Times, as this is a complementary part of your membership. Simply download the app and log in with your usual username and password. If you've forgotten these details there will be a 'Forgotten your password?’ link you can tap which will tell you how to reset your password.
This app requires the Jellybean operating system or above and is
optimised for Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Tab 10 and Nexus 4, Nexus 5,
Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.
Push notifications must be switched on to
ensure you receive breaking news and video alerts when clips and
highlights are available.
We encourage your feedback because our members are central to our app’s ongoing development. You can send feedback directly to our team seven days a week. It’s easy - just contact us via thetimes.co.uk/livechat
*Video highlights are only available to view in the following territories:
• Members of the EU
• New Zealand
• Latin America
• Sub-Saharan Africa and adjacent islands
The Sunday Times Ireland e-paper tablet app offers you the following:
- A digital e-paper version of your favourite Sunday paper
· Top local and international stories, news, features, comment and opinion
· Nine great sections including three magazines
· A choice of single edition or monthly subscriptions
· Simple navigation
· Anytime, anywhere access to your favourite content
Your opinion is important to us. You can send us feedback directly at any time by contacting us at www.sundaytimes.ie/help