Prescription Drug Abuse
Plus profiles of hundreds of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including generic and brand name, benefits, side effects, and alternative treatment options.
DEBORAH MITCHELL is a widely published health journalist. She is the author or coauthor of more than three dozen books on health topics, including eight books for the St. Martin's Press Healthy Home Library series, as well as THE WONDER OF PROBIOTICS (coauthored with John R.Taylor, N.D.), FOODS THAT COMBAT AGING, YOUR IDEAL SUPPLEMENT PLAN IN THREE EASY STEPS, and WHAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT BACK PAIN (coauthored with Debra Weiner, M.D.).
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life