A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"The book is comprehensive, concise, well illustrated, and an extremely valuable resource for perinatal healthcare providers....This book has rapidly become a go-to reference in the perinatal field and this new edition confirms its place as the gold standard in the field. Perinatologists will find this to be an essential part of their library. As more obstetric practitioners do investigative sonographic procedures in their offices, this book will be a valuable resource for them as well. The new edition is overdue and most welcome."--Doody's Review Service
"This invaluable up-to-date reference is a must have guide especially in non-tertiary care centers where the various experts may not be readily available to further guide the family and plan the rest of the antepartum, peripartum and postpartum care."--Center for Advanced Fetal Care Newsletter
Fetology: Diagnosis and Management of the Fetal Patient offers a cross-disciplinary approach that goes beyond the traditional boundaries of obstetrics, pediatrics, and surgery to help you effectively diagnose and treat fetal patients. Fetology considers the full implications of a fetal sonographic or chromosomal diagnosis—from prenatal management to long-term outcome—for an affected child. Here, you’ll find all the insights you need to answer the questions of parents faced with a diagnosis of a fetal abnormality—and present them with a coordinated therapeutic plan.
- NEW! Full-color design
- NEW! Five new chapters on Adrenal Masses, Abdominal Cysts, Overgrowth, Mosaic Trisomy, and DiGeorge Syndrome
- NEW! Chapters summarizing contemporary approaches to first and second trimester screening for aneuploidy
- NEW! 3D ultrasound and MRI images: over 450 images clearly illustrate the diagnosis of anomalies with the latest, most precise imaging technology
- NEW! Key Points open each chapter, providing rapid review of a particular condition
- Highlighted treatment/management guidelines deliver quick access to practical, what-to-do information
- Each chapter, which covers a single anomaly, includes description of the medical condition, incidence, characteristic sonographic findings, differential diagnosis, best treatment during pregnancy, treatment of the newborn, expected outcome, and more
- Addresses gaps in our knowledge that highlight unmet clinical needs and areas for future research