The book contains articles on:
* personal factors that affect academic achievement: motivation, persistence, anxiety, intelligence, self-regulation
* choosing strategies that are effective for the situation
* what 'transfer' is and why it's important
* how experts develop expertise
* the idea of 'desirable difficulties'
* the limits of memorization and rote learning
* some useful strategies in:
* reaching understanding.
This book is for students who are serious about being successful in study, and teachers who want to know how best to help their students learn.
As always with the Mempowered books, the short book is fully referenced.
Keywords: best study strategies for college students,effective study habits, effective learning, study attitudes, educational research, teacher resources