The new Second Edition of this book provides you with completely up-to-date real-world examples and all the key technologies used in digital forensics, as well as new coverage of network intrusion response, how hard drives are organized, and electronic discovery. You'll also learn how to incorporate quality assurance into an investigation, how to prioritize evidence items to examine (triage), case processing, and what goes into making an expert witness.
The Second Edition also features expanded resources and references, including online resources that keep you current, sample legal documents, and suggested further reading.Learn what Digital Forensics entailsBuild a toolkit and prepare an investigative planUnderstand the common artifacts to look for in an examSecond Edition features all-new coverage of hard drives, triage, network intrusion response, and electronic discovery; as well as updated case studies, expert interviews, and expanded resources and references
- New and highly advanced research results at the forefront of soft computing in engineering design and manufacturing.
- Keynote papers by world-renowned researchers in the field.
- A good overview of current soft computing research around the world.
A collection of methodologies aimed at researchers and professional design and manufacturing engineers who develop and apply intelligent systems in computer engineering.
This book is organized into 11 chapters. After an introduction to the basics of digital forensics, the book proceeds with a discussion of key technical concepts. Succeeding chapters cover labs and tools; collecting evidence; Windows system artifacts; anti-forensics; Internet and email; network forensics; and mobile device forensics. The book concludes by outlining challenges and concerns associated with digital forensics. PowerPoint lecture slides are also available.
This book will be a valuable resource for entry-level digital forensics professionals as well as those in complimentary fields including law enforcement, legal, and general information security.Learn all about what Digital Forensics entailsBuild a toolkit and prepare an investigative planUnderstand the common artifacts to look for during an exam
This book introduces the most important basic concepts of computer graphics, coupling the technical background and theory with practical examples and applications throughout. Its user-friendly approach enables the reader to gain understanding through the theory at work, via the many example programs provided. With only elementary knowledge of the programming language Java, the reader will be able to create their own images and animations immediately, using Java 2D and/or Java 3D.
• Presents computer graphics theory and practice in integrated combination
• Focuses on the increasingly used Java 3D (and 2D in the first section of the book)
• Uses many pedagogical tools, including numerous easy-to-understand example programs and end-of-chapter exercises
• Offers Internet support for students and instructors (found at http://public.rz.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/~klawonn/computergraphics), such as additional exercises, solutions, program examples, slides for lecturers and links to useful websites
• Provides an ideal, self-contained introduction to computer graphics
Written for second year undergraduates and above, this reader-friendly, clear and concise textbook will be an essential tool for those studying Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
Frank Klawonn has many years of experience teaching computer graphics and coordinating application projects with companies.