Liam Cameron is certain he's died and gone to heaven when he opens his eyes to the angel before him. But the pain that wracks his body proves he is still earth-bound. Keira Murray MacKail saved Liam's life--and he has some enticing ways he would like to thank her. Soon, lust gives way to a feeling much more profound for a woman whose battles he wants to fight...though he fears the most difficult one will be for her heart...
Keira quickly learns that Liam has danger chasing him. As her healing kindness frees him to tell his tale, she confides the trouble that plagues her: she is a laird's widow now responsible for saving a small village pillaged by cruel invaders. But even as Liam makes the crusade to reclaim her lands his own, he will face a far greater challenge to win her trust--and her love--for all time...
—Lady Evangeline of Inverfyre
* * *
Claire has written numerous books featuring the Lammergeier family and set in her fictional medieval Scottish realm of Ravensmuir, Kinfairlie and Ravensmuir. You can read all the books in order, or read each series in order.
A. The Rogues of Ravensmuir
The first trilogy. It all begins with Merlyn at Ravensmuir...
1. The Rogue - Merlyn and Ysabella's second chance romance
2. The Scoundrel - Gawain (Merlyn's brother) and Evangeline's mistaken identity/disguise romance.
3. The Warrior - Michael (the Hawk of Inverfyre and son of Gawain and Evangeline) and Aileen's marriage of convenience and second chance romance
B. The Jewels of Kinfairlie
This series tells the stories of the children of Roland, the younger son of Merlyn and Ysabella. There are eight children, and they appear briefly at the end of The Warrior.
1. The Beauty Bride - Madeline and Rhys' marriage of (in)convenience romance
2. The Rose Red Bride - Vivienne and Erik's mistaken identity and marriage of (in)convenience romance
3. The Snow White Bride - Alexander and Eleanor's marriage of convenience Christmas romance
4. The Ballad of Rosamunde - a short story featuring Rosamunde (the pirate queen) and Padraig and a friends-to-lovers romance.
The True Love Brides
This series follows the next four siblings and features a battle against the Fae for the hearts of those from Kinfairlie.
1. The Renegade's Heart - Isabella and Murdoch's forbidden love and protector romance
2. The Highlander's Curse - Annelise and Garrett's outcast and protector romance
3. The Frost Maiden's Kiss - Malcolm and Catriona's protector and marriage of convenience romance
4. The Warrior's Prize - Elizabeth and Rafael's protector, forbidden love, and outcast romance
The Brides of Inverfyre
This series (in progress) takes us into the Highlands to Inverfyre for the story of Ross, the eighth sibling, as well as the stories of the children of the Hawk and Aileen.
1. The Mercenary's Bride - Mhairi and Quentin's second chance Christmas romance
2. The Runaway Bride - Ross and Aiofe's runaway bride, protector and forbidden love romance.
Declan MacGregor hadn't a care in the world beyond finding a soft bed and a willing woman...until he had to escort Lady Liadain Campbell to the English court. The woman needles him at every turn, but he can't just abandon her to that vipers' nest without protection.
Liadain wasn't thrilled to be left in the care of her clan's archrival. It was as if the man never had a lady tell him no before! And yet as whispers of treason swirl through the court and the threat of danger grows even sharper, her bitter enemy soon becomes the only one she can trust.
Twists, turns, and plenty of banter makes this Scottish Historical Romance perfect for fans of Lynsay Sands, Suzanne Enoch, and Hannah Howell.
Bad Boys of the Highlands series:
Temptation in a Kilt (Book 1)
X Marks the Scot (Book 2)
To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Book 3)
"The plot was intriguing, keeping me hooked all the way through. There are a few twists and turns that kept me at the edge of my seat. Never a dull moment, the story was excellent. And the ending was utter perfection."
"If you love a marvelous Scottish adventure, then this book is for you."
"This story is packed with treason, danger it seems around every turn, secrets discovered that condemns some and saves another, and laughter.....tons of laughter!"
"I was completely captured by the story line and all of the events. Victoria had me laughing, crying and even yelling at a few the events in the book."
"[A] story was so evolving that it holds you spellbound through each turning page."What reviewers are saying about X Marks the Scot
"X Marks the Scot is brimming with sexual chemistry, humor and a stellar plotline."
"For a complex story brimming over with pride and passion, betrayal, trust and most of all THE POWER TO MAKE A BAD BOY A HERO, pick up this read."
"Roberts blends in just enough seventeenth-century English history to set the reader firmly in the time and place. X Marks the Scot is a keeper."
"An amazing story of love and revenge, betrayal and hurt."
"The plot was intriguing, keeping me hooked all the way through."What people are saying about Victoria Roberts
"Victoria is one of the top writers today to find adventure, romance and highlanders in one wonderful book."
"Victoria Roberts is an author to watch; her writing will keep you captivated and enthralled the whole way through."
"An author who manages to snag her reader from start to finish."
"Victoria has a true talented way of bringing the reader straight to Scotland through her written words."
"Victoria Roberts's writing is captivating and makes you laugh."
"Victoria Roberts is a very talented author who will draw you right into her book and keep you hooked until the very end."