• Household ingredients such as ghee, honey, garlic, turmeric.
• Spices such as ginger, cumin, black pepper and clove.
• Pulses like black gram, green gram, horse gram.
• Dairy products such as butter, ghee and yoghurt.
• Dry fruits and nuts such as walnuts, dates, almonds and raisins.
• Fruits such as pineapple, custard apple, banana and mango.
• Vegetables like okra, cucumber, radish, carrot and more!
Remedies from ancient Ayurveda textbooks - Charaka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita, Ashtanga Hrudayam etc.
Explanation of how exactly the remedies are useful, in which particular symptoms, in which stage of disease?
Folklore, tribal remedies from communities such as Soliga, Guni etc.
About the author
Dr. M.S. KRISHNAMURTHY MD (Ayu), Ph.D.
Professor and HOD, Consultant physician
Post Graduate Department of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya kalpana,
Alva’s Ayurveda medical college and Hospital, Vidyagiri, Moodbidri – 574 227
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Experience & Achievements
Former Dean (PG Studies), AAMC, Moodbidri
Ph.D guide (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Scineces, Bangalore).
Guide to 27 Post graduate scholars.
Conferred with a National award – Bharatiya Vijnyana Parishad Puraskar (Delhi) in the year 2005 for the academic resarch achievement in the field of Ayurveda with due consideration of reasrch work on ‘A critical analysis of Folkmedical Practices prevalent in South Kanara District of Karnataka’ (2002–2005)
Founder Secretary of Srimuliya Rajatadri Ayurveda Seva Trust (R) Alike – 2002.
Technical Advisor and Formulation Designer for Alva Pharmacy Mijar, Karnataka, 2004–12
Dr. Janardhana V. Hebbar MD (Ayu)
Founder – EasyAyurveda.com & AyurMedInfo.Com
Author of Living Easy With Ayurveda
Dr. J.V. Hebbar offers
Weekly online classes
Video courses on Ayurveda
Find more about them in www.EasyAyurveda.com
Contact details of Dr. J.V. Hebbar
Dr. Hebbar’s designed herbal products are available at www.gardendiary.info